Festool Repair Experience.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Distinterior

Established Member
Reaction score
One of my Festool tools stopped working correctly late on Thursday afternoon last week, right in the middle of a job in my workshop......🤬
I immediately rang Festool UK and was informed by them to open a repair request via the "My Festool" login.
They arranged for UPS to come and collect the machine the following day, but UPS lied and said they turned up and there was no one here, which just is not true.

I contacted Festool UK again early the next morning and thankfully, Festool then arranged to have it collected on Tuesday this week by DPD at 1.00pm who promptly turned up and collected the parcel when they said they would.
I got a text from Festool to say they had received the package yesterday at 11.30am and got another text from them at 9.03am this morning to say the tool was fixed and had been dispatched back to me.......Total cost of repair including courier costs there & back and VAT was £51.66.

You cant argue about Service like that.......Yes, their tools are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but apart from the UPS debacle, I'm well happy...!! 👍👍👍

Edit.
Just for reference, machine was purchased new in Feb 2017 and has been used extensively as part of my business since that time.
Only the second time I've ever had to send a machine back to them since I bought my first Festool machine back in 2002.

Last edited:
good service , better then sage coffee machine - cost far more than that
was it just the brushes - seen a few video, where festool brushes look ok, but replacement fixes the issue

DPD seem to be good on times etc - had issues with other companies for deliveries , but not from DPD so far

The machine is their Conturo edgebanding machine and apparently, needed a replacement part that cost £2.00....
The drive roller that pulls the edging and board through the machine was not engaging and there was a loud clicking sound.

I've always liked Festool.
as a DIYer a bit beyond my budget - but would have been up on the list if i had an endless budget
By brother got a tracksaw in a special deal price a few years ago and its been great for him, unfortunalty his a 200mile round trip

That's decent value if you have been using it so much.

Despite the negative comments from some, I've always liked Festool.

The only other tool I've had to send back to them about 3 years ago, was the big OF2200 router that was still within its warranty.......The armature was sparking excessively and speeding up/ slowing down of it's own accord. This was collected, repaired and returned within 4 days.
When you rely on your tools as part of your job, minimal downtime is a real bonus.

Last edited:
I've found Festool service to be very good 👍

Glad to hear you got sorted, it's always the case that things break when you are busy and need them so a swift turnaround is always appreciated.

The last couple of times I've sent tools in I've dropped the them off at a local shop that has a collection point. I find it saves being at the mercy of the couriers as round here they can be a bit hit and miss but they always seem to make it to the collection points.

@Doug71 The ironic thing about the UPS so called collection was, when I originally rang Festool, I offered to take the tool up there myself to hopefully speed the repair process up, but the guy I spoke to said that the earliest they would be able to look at it would be at the beginning of this week, so there would be no time saved.

I’ve had similar quality service - intermittent power with a drill, collected, phone call to understand problem, fixed and returned within a week and no charge as no parts needed although drill was a fair few years old.

This is similar to my experience when I had to send something in to them except I left it with the local Festool supplier.
The parts needed were quite extensive but the price not bad at all. I was pleasantly surprised as I was worried it could be very expensive. Took less than a week.

Ollie

I've had similar problems with UPS not turning up (or picking the 5 minutes while I was out). In each case, the Festool repair had to be rebooked, as the collection automatically gets cancelled after one 'try'. The actual repair was similarly impressive. I only have 5 Festool tools and about 25 Ryobi cordless ones. Two of the Festools have needed repair under warranty, but I've never had a problem with the Ryobi ones in 20 years. I know I shouldn't read anything into that, but it is interesting.

On the subject of tool repairs, one YouTube channel that popped up was Dean Doherty(in Ireland of course). He repairs portable power tools for a living. The majority seem to be rather abused and grubby, not like us pristine woodworkers! It is very interesting to watch how various tools are taken apart and his testing methods. Well worth a look as I am sure there are lots of us with a box of non-working power tools (now how would I know that?).

On the subject of tool repairs, one YouTube channel that popped up was Dean Doherty(in Ireland of course). He repairs portable power tools for a living. The majority seem to be rather abused and grubby, not like us pristine woodworkers! It is very interesting to watch how various tools are taken apart and his testing methods. Well worth a look as I am sure there are lots of us with a box of non-working power tools (now how would I know that?).
The bearings in my Elu router need replacing but the thought of pulling it all apart and then get it back together in working condition always seems a gamble. Shame I can’t easily just pay someone who knows how to do it for me

It's always great to hear about good service and like others have always had excellent service from them.

I also had good service from the Grove shop recently. I was after some Sava-pads for my Mirka and also some abrasive sheets. The website said that the sheets were out of stock but expected within a few days. Delivery wasn't critical and so I ordered. The next day I got an email from them checking to see if I was aware of the back order, telling me when it was coming in and would I like to part ship or wait. Good stuff.(y)

Back