Cheap Festool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
That got yez looking :LOL:

But its true
Basic festool drill driver the 10.8v one. Big reductions on N&B currently.
Full kit £158.57. Cheapest elsewhere is screwfix for £270
https://www.powertool-supplies.co.u...MIo4qDn-XRggMVme3tCh3cxQL0EAQYASABEgIMGvD_BwE
Despite having 2 bosch blue drills and a bosch blue impact driver, I'm having a bit of a dilemma not buying this.
Mind you, it would make a change from currently buying loads of black friday sale bike bits.
New wheel - BUY IT
Ohh, new brakes. I've already got those... BUY ANYWAY
Tyres ?? GIVE ME 4...

Last edited:
Hi,

It may be the old model but has the newer batteries (Larger capacity) I have 2 of these and they are really good. When i first got mine i put it side to side against an 18V DeWalt XRP drill\driver and put 100 screws into MDF. The little Festool kept up and some. The weight difference is huge, they go all day without issue, the angle chuck adapter has got me out of a few problems.

I would buy another in a heartbeat, especially at this price!

Nothing to lose either as it's Festool. If you don't like (love) it then return it.

Jon.

Hi,

It may be the old model but has the newer batteries (Larger capacity) I have 2 of these and they are really good. When i first got mine i put it side to side against an 18V DeWalt XRP drill\driver and put 100 screws into MDF. The little Festool kept up and some. The weight difference is huge, they go all day without issue, the angle chuck adapter has got me out of a few problems.

I would buy another in a heartbeat, especially at this price!

Nothing to lose either as it's Festool. If you don't like (love) it then return it.

Jon.
I had one of these and it was awesome. I killed it after 8 years on the original battery using it almost daily for 4 of those years during those years it put in over 50,000 80 & 100mm self cutting woodscrews. It was quite capable of putting in 150mm Timbertec fixings without raising a sweat. The switch eventually failed as did the commutator. If I hadn't retired I would spend any amount to replace it with another. Just sayin'!

I've had one of these for years and it's my most used driver by far.

As said a new model has come out which is brushless and the batteries have had a redesign so you can now charge them on the same charger as your 18v Festool tools so sounds good.

Downside is the new model makes that annoying loud whine noise like a lot of small brushless drills, the old model seems quieter and smoother in comparison.

I think the price of the old model is generally staying high as people are buying them while they are still available.

Looks like N&B have now sold all they had which is good as I was very tempted!

Back