Early bird or late night owl?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
What sort are you? SWIMBO despares 'cos I'm usually up with the larks getting stuff done...a ten minute lie in at the weekend is good for me :lol: - Rob

up 7.15am latest ( 6.15 yesterday and this morning ) can't waste the good weather

Davon

As a youngster I was a night person. Then when the kids came along I had to be a morning person. The result was that I became a morning and night person - and just walk around all day looking knackered :lol:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Paul Chapman":1pv1atrd said:
As a youngster I was a night person. Then when the kids came along I had to be a morning person. The result was that I became a morning and night person - and just walk around all day looking knackered :lol:
I am there too now with the baby. :lol:

She wakes up nice and early, which kind of means we do too, but I still feel awake at midnight when I know I should be catching up with my sleep. :roll:

Early bird - definitely. The boys are up early, especially with the light mornings.

Up at 5am every day this last week.

Cheers

Karl

yeh 5ish is my time. Weekends I'm up pottering and pondering until the girls wake up (Wifey and Daughter), then it's the 'routine'. Then about 9am I'm managing to steal a couple of hours in the workshop while they 'get ready', before I'm harassed again for most of the day :roll: :wink:

10pm is well past my bedtime

Normally up about 6-6.30, when im not at work i might lay in until 7ish, any lo9nger and i will feel rough all day.

Bed time, well, thats a question, normally about 11-11.30, but have been known to go to bed at 1 and get up at 4.30. That sort of behaviour is usually fueld by cider and proplus!
This morning, one such! got my bicycle out of the shed and cleaned it and oiled it, and was cycling round the lanes at 7 this morning. :shock:

I can be both though not at the same time!

When I am on stage I am a night owl as it can take me until 3am to wind down before sleeping. On a working day I can be up very early just to get out before the traffic starts.

When I get an overlap I can end up not sleeping when a late night merges into the early start. At the other end of the spectrum I have been known to sleep round the clock to make up.

My partner is a very early bird, she is sometimes up before I fall asleep.

Night owl,
I have to get up to go to work, but I am not fully awake until after my tea and toast at 9.30. Even my boss knows not to involve until then.

There was a programme on Radio 4 a few weeks back in which a research scientist had researched that there were two naturally distinct categories of people, the night owls and early birds, and that employers do them selves a great disservice by trying to push everyone together in one mould, especially for shift working.

9.30a.m. to 12.30a.m. is good for me.

I was thinking about this the other day and I think in an ideal world I'd like to still get up as early as I do but have a 'siesta' around 4pm. I often do this at the weekend and certainly when holiday. I find when I wake up I've got that energy boost and much more gets done then trying to keep going and flagging late afternoon.

Only 35yrs til retirement ;) :lol:

Early bird.

I'm usually up around 5.00am and have an hour on th'internet with a few cups of tea before heading off to the workshop a mile away at 6.30ish.

I find I can get far more done early in the morning than if I go in at 9.00 like I do on the odd morning when I have to take young Dan to school. Even on those days I have been known to go to work for a couple of hours before returning home at 7.00 just in time for SWMBO to start her shift at the hospital.

Anyway, it's gone 9.00 now so I'm off to bed!

:wink:

Brad

Back