Early bird or late night owl?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
night owl - i drive swimbo nuts by still being online at midnight - but it takes an earthquake to get me out of bed in the morning... the two may not be entirely unconected :)

I am definitely a night owl. Rarely go to bed before 1.00am. Get up at 8.30am when disturbed by missus who gets up at 6.00am to attend to the children.

I can get up early when I have to but I don't really like it.

I wish I was an early person. It is the best time of day, and when I get into work early I always get twice as much done.

I am going to try going to bed earlier and getting up early as an experiment.

Tony.

Told ya!

Escudo":3cuitj7l said:
Get up at 8.30am when disturbed by missus who gets up at 6.00am to attend to the children.

I prefer to be out the door before the missus and the kids stir!:lol:

Escudo":3cuitj7l said:
when I get into work early I always get twice as much done.

That's the whole point. The phone doesn't ring, people don't call in, and by 11.00 am you can have done as much as you could have in a full day starting at 9.00.

A bacon butty then tastes all the better. It's been earned!

Cheers
Brad

Definitely got bats in my blood. 2 o'clock is an early night.
Tomorrow's planned 6 o'clock start is going to be hard - contemplating skipping the bed thing.

Well most of the time I'm both, very rarely get to bed before 1 am, and usually up before 6 to start all over again :lol:

Planing, sharpening, light sawing, light rasping, finishing, drawing, reading, interwebbing, making chilli. Pretty much anything except coarse sawing, chopping or headbanging. (Had a chum at school who really didn't appreciate my head coming through his bedsit wall one night.)

Expect the same stuff early risers do before the birds get up.

(And I didn't make that 6:38 train - got the 10:38. I blame the kebab.)

Steve

After working shifts for 30 years, and then retiring I find I am an early bird, whether I like it or not. Up at 6 every day,,,, I would love to be able to sleep in,,,,

but then I would love to not fall asleep in the chair every night,,,,,, must be an age thing

ah well, back to the bath chair

Latest posts

Back