Does anybody have trouble resizing images on Photobucket?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They appear to be all the same size on my screen. I expect you're seeing a cached version on the webpage on your computer. Try clearing your Temporary Internet files and cookies and look again.

The reason they are displaying as different sizes is because the images you are referencing are different;
Code:
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w131/pjl83/workbench001.jpg 	 640 x 480 pixels

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w131/pjl83/workbench002.jpg 	 1024 x 768 pixels

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w131/pjl83/workbench003.jpg 	 320 x 240 pixels

Whatever you are doing you are ending up with different size images in the same folder on Photobucket.

Dave R, it would appear image sizes are being changed as we type. :wink:

All the pictures were taken at the same time with the same camera and loaded to photobucket together. When I resized in photobucket they are all displaying as "medium" yet here I see them as different sizes. Those sizes you show CHJ are not what they are on photobucket??

Strange?

WoodAddict":2a5aproe said:
All the pictures were taken at the same time with the same camera and loaded to photobucket together. When I resized in photobucket they are all displaying as "medium" yet here I see them as different sizes. Those sizes you show CHJ are not what they are on photobucket??

Strange?

They were when I downloaded them to my machine and checked them for size. they displayed correctly for the pixel sizes shown in their properties. How else would I have been able to quote the figures. :?:

workbench001.jpg is still at 640 x 480 pixels it was originally 1600 x 1200 when taken with your Olympus

ImageDescription : OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Make : OLYMPUS OPTICAL CO.,LTD
Model : C2Z,D520Z,C220Z
Orientation : left-hand side
YResolution : 144/1
ResolutionUnit : Inch
Software : 83-1058
DateTime : 0000:00:00 00:00:00
YCbCrPositioning : co-sited
ExifInfoOffset : 146
Sub Information
ExposureTime : 1/30Sec
FNumber : F2.8
ExposureProgram : Program Normal
ISOSpeedRatings : 125
ExifVersion : 0210
DateTimeOriginal : 0000:00:00 00:00:00
DateTimeDigitized : 0000:00:00 00:00:00
ComponentConfiguration : YCbCr
ExposureBiasValue : EV0.0
MaxApertureValue : F2.8
MeteringMode : Division
Flash : Fired
FocalLength : 5.00(mm)
MakerNote : Olympus Format : 734Bytes (Offset:542)
UserComment :
FlashPixVersion : 0100
ColorSpace : sRGB
ExifImageWidth : 1600
ExifImageHeight : 1200
ExifInteroperabilityOffset : 482
FileSource : DSC

CHJ, I think you are right.

WA, I think you'd find it easier to resize the images before uploading them.

I've moved away from Photobucket and prefer to use Flickr for my photos because I can upload them at full size and then choose a display size from four or five sizes depending on where I'm sharing them. This eliminates the need to resize them at all.

Thanks.

I'll try editing before loading them to photobucket in future, or as dave suggests I'll try another host.

Computers are strange things sometimes :?

hi paul

yes i have this problem now and then seem the odd pic when you alter the size and then load it to this workshop just don't want to change size .

Dave r

when you moved to flickr did you move all photo albums with your pics in from photobucket to flickr if so what happened to the links you would have had say on posts you done here with pics in it? . hc

Hi HC.

I replied to your PM before I saw this but since someone else might find this helpful, I've copied and pasted it here.

My switch to Flickr didn't involve moving the photos from Photobucket (is it pronounced "buck-et" or "boo-kay"? :D). Instead I just quit uploading to the one and started using the other. Moving the photos and deleting them from Photobucket would indeed break the links you've used in forum posts. It would be a pain to go back and fix those links.

I still have pictures on Photobucket but I haven't added to the albums there for years.

If you are thinking of switching, just leave your existing images where they are. Or copy them but don't delete them from the Photobucket album.

FWIW and in case you've not seen this, when you click on a thumbnail image in Flickr, you get something like this;
4695913678_74c5d133cd_b.jpg

Notice the arrow pointing to, "All Sizes". Click on that and you get the next thing.

4695913706_d8690986d3_b.jpg

You can choose the desired size from 6 sizes. The exact dimensions of those sizes, at least the larger ones, will be determined by the original size. Select the size you want to use. Medium usually works fine for forum posts. Copy the URL at the bottom and pasted it between the IMG tags.

Hope that helps.

TTFN

Dave

Back