Google Album Archive to close July 19th !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that everyone has probably received a warning this morning about Google closing down their Album Archive service .
We have until 19th July to download all of our stored video and images etc using their Google Takeout service.

This kinda reminds me of the scam that Photobucket pulled back in 2017 was it ? when they suddenly decided to charge a fee for their hosting service. Overnight all our images and videos that we had posted on the internet in forums and groups became non viewable making many posts non usable ! Basically holding users to ransom to recover hundreds /thousands of their images all over the internet

Youtube recently pulled a similar stunt adding 2x interminable adverts to every single video that you wish to watch ..

The aim it seems to me is to build up a huge base of members who upload their images and videos etc then suddenly pull the plug and charge an anual fee for hosting your stuff. Works a treat..who has the time , expertise , bandwidth, storage capacity or patience to download all the videos and images that you've uploaded to what you believe was going to be safe and secure online storage.

Here is a statement made on the Google Archive Album hosting service back in 2021
Q.....How long do photos stay in archive on Google Photos?

The archive in Google Photos just is a secundary stream stored at Google for photos you don't want to see in the mainstream. So as long as you don't start deleting or ruïning your account, they will stay eternally - just like your mainstream.1 Sept 2021

How long does your photos stay in your archive - Google Support​

google.com
https://support.google.com › photos › thread › how-long

Back