discovery realtime ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary M

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the severe lack of woodworking/building/renovating shows on all the discovery realtime channels?
plastic surgery school?? come on !!!
don't mind the odd fishing show but not 24/7 as the realtime extra channel has at the minute
whats happened :?:

Hello Gary M.
The fishing is on for a whole month,think this is the last week.
So perhaps they might do a whole month of WW programmes soon,fingers crossed :) Even though they will all be repeats again :(
Paul.J.

I hardly watch that channel at all now. Between Fishing, Plastic surgery and a reality series about midgets... there's not much else worth bothering with.

Paul.J":1hqh2cj1 said:
So perhaps they might do a whole month of WW programmes soon,fingers crossed :) Even though they will all be repeats again :(
Paul.J.

:lol:

Oh God stop it Paul, you're killing me!! :lol:

Man, you're a funny guy! :wink:

(Woodworking programmes? Who would want to watch those, eh? No fish involved. :roll: )

V.

Mcluma":8h18nwnm said:
I like miami ink :)

Me too, I am a big fan of artistic tattoos.

I just can't see how a programme about Plastic Surgery or dieting OR forensics has got anything to do with my free time (Real Time)?

:?: :-k

Of course, most of these other progs - tattooing, dwarf voyeurism, house buying, surgery, forensics are shown on the other Discovery channels.

Whereas the decent woodworky progs are only on RT.

MisterFish

misterfish":179p1v6z said:
Of course, most of these other progs - tattooing, dwarf voyeurism, house buying, surgery, forensics are shown on the other Discovery channels.

Has anyone mentioned that you might have a vested interest in them not showing fishing programs? :lol:

Cheers
Neil

It winds me up that they are all repeats - I can't remember the last ORIGINAL, NEW woodworking style programme on the channel. I trawl through the listings with my Sky+ every week and it's fish, fish and more FISH!!!

:evil:

Maybe some of us should get together and make our OWN woodworking TV show and sell it to discovery - it can't be any worse than Smith and Sweetman (or whatever it was called!).

Gary S":2zznntth said:
Maybe some of us should get together and make our OWN woodworking TV show and sell it to discovery - it can't be any worse than Smith and Sweetman (or whatever it was called!).

Agreed, I could be the young slightly annoying but devilishly handsome presenter.... :-s

WiZeR":1ckf7rh6 said:
Gary S":1ckf7rh6 said:

Agreed, I could be the young slightly annoying but devilishly handsome presenter.... :-s

Nice one - and I could be your slightly better looking co-presenter. 8)

Gary S":rfe8uymu said:
WiZeR":rfe8uymu said:
Gary S":rfe8uymu said:

Nice one - and I could be your slightly better looking co-presenter. 8)

Aheeeem .....

Proove it :lol:

CHJ":11e7deyq said:
Proove it :lol:

Here you go - aren't I gorgeous...

images.jpg

:shock: :shock:

It's not really me, honest...!!

Like many others I am getting really fed up when drinking my morning tea on Saturdays and Sundays to select channels 250, 251, and 252 only to get the same bloke on all sides inflicting pain on poor helpless fish and telling the viewers how much he is enjoying himself and what a beautiful day it is etc etc.

I did catch an interesting program title the other night called "The 10 strangest things to come out of the human body". I was expecting the usual round of odd things that people had swallowed or inserted, but was surprised to see the first one was footage of two friends in Thailand who had been on a moped going too fast behind a lorry with scaffold poles. You can imagine that a sudden application of brakes left them both impaled through the chest. The second was a guy up a ladder drilling a hole with a two foot long powered auger (about 1 inch bit). He slipped and fell off and it went in one eye and out the side of his skull.

There were graphic colour pictures of both. I didn't get further than #2!!

I'm just so sick of getting repeats and adverts that I have just phoned SKY :evil: and told them to stick their channels somewhere where I don't see them :D

Wahhey I feel better now :lol: :lol:

Now what :tool: can I spend my money on :D

Back