Customs declarations and brexit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh? He was sending to South Africa, nothing has changed there.

According to this, you're right, it hasn't.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-agreed-trade-continuity-with-six-african-nationsBut the fact that the UK had to agree trade "continuity" with these countries, because of Brexit, kind of suggests that the UK's existing trade agreement with Southern Africa before Brexit was under the umbrella of EU membership. There have been several such continuity agreements rushed through, it seems. Can't imagine the terms of these quickie agreements where favourable to the UK, given that the other side knew full well that the UK was in a desperate hurry to get it done! Probably asked for things they didn't originally have, at our expense. So, yes, if you're trading on ebay and sending something now, probably nothing has changed.

Did the ebay buyer ever existed, or is this just a back door remainer thread?
Do you want some help filling in the downloadable form,

name
address
tick
brief description
sign
Done.

as mentioned its just a CN22, max time is like writing an envelope.
However may as well make a mountain out of a molehill.
I've said in the past, the very best place to discuss these polictical viewpoints is a woodworking forum, bit of luck it could run for another 4 years with no conclusion. A few new analogies, people being called german soldiers. Can't wait.

P.S. What's the next back door thread, I'll look out for it.
How about "pencil sharpening", just recently I have had to fill out 2 additional forms and my pencil is blunt, are there any cheap pencil sharpeners out there which haven't dramatically risen in price since Brrrrexit madness.

Last edited:
But the fact that the UK had to agree trade "continuity" with these countries, because of Brexit, kind of suggests that the UK's existing trade agreement with Southern Africa before Brexit was under the umbrella of EU membership. There have been several such continuity agreements rushed through, it seems. Can't imagine the terms of these quickie agreements where favourable to the UK

The continuity ones are just rolling over the existing EU deals (but in UK name as the treaty party rather than via the EU)

not worth the time, nor risk of getting it wrong, so cancelled!

zPsR5UR.jpg

This really has now sparked my curiousity, as to what was so risky,
do you know:
your own name and address
what's in the parcel
the date.

These sorts of forms can really put the willies up you, my god, why oh why do they have to make them so complicated, I mean look at the length of it, no wonder ya shatt yourself and cancelled it.

I'd like to help.
In the future feel free to send me your details, name, address, tell me what your sending and I'll fill out the form for you.

I think it's serious, just look at the size of that form, wouldn't you find it daunting, risky and be racked with fear if you were to fill it out wrong.
No Jacob is no fool.

The application forms to be a Labour councillor candidate must be very short...................
"name" .............. that will do, your in..........

Last edited:
zPsR5UR.jpg

This really has now sparked my curiousity, as to what was so risky,
do you know:
your own name and address
what's in the parcel
the date.

These sorts of forms can really put the willies up you, my god, why oh why do they have to make them so complicated, I mean look at the length of it, no wonder ya shatt yourself and cancelled it.
I got a different (on line) form asking for identity number (which I don't have) and passport number which would have meant a search, ditto for the recipients passport number etc. It wouldn't accept my phone number either and all in all after half an hour effin about I thought soddit and cancelled. Didn't shatt myself honest! Probably was wrong form but that's what Hermes asked for.
Anyway it's got Bobby excited! Doesn't take much these days! :ROFLMAO:

I got a different (on line) form asking for identity number (which I don't have) and passport number which would have meant a search, ditto for the recipients passport number etc. It wouldn't accept my phone number either and all in all after half an hour effin about I thought soddit and cancelled. Didn't shatt myself honest! Probably was wrong form but that's what Hermes asked for.

Oh dear, very simple it's all here Help sending mail to the Isle of Man and Channel Islands
Never mind it was a great opportunity to air your political views, get a brexit thread going etc, not too many people know your a raving tory who loves Boris.

The easiest solution for me if I send out side of the UK is to use my RM Click & Drop account which will include the relevant customs details to be entered for the relevant destination at the same time as entering the parcels weight and size. When you print your shipping label, the relevant cn22 or cn23 is also printed with all the details filled in. It also allows for a Trade Tariff Code to be included, which should assist items to move through customs easier. I note of trade tariff codes I use regularly so as not to have to keep searching for them on Gov.uk.

You have to make a few allowances Bob, he's been relatively quiet since allowed back in so maybe a bit of pent up frustration is bubbling up again ;)
It was the pent up frustration of putting hours of work into selling something for a measly profit of about three quid. Having to dig out my passport just seemed a step too far.
If it had been a tenner I might have buckled down more cheerfully!

It was the pent up frustration of putting hours of work into selling something for a measly profit of about three quid.

If you took that attitude with everything in life you wouldn't get very far. For example, lets say hypothetically you stood as a political candidate in a local council election. You put hours and hours of work in and yet get a measly profit (a few votes). Would you give up, say it's all crrap, too much effort .......... not at all ............. you have come back strong, preaching to the masses of a woodworking forum, we're listening and citizen Jacob when the uprising happens the masses will come (well 6 of us) all armed with to the teeth with dull lilerature, donkey jackets, we will rally round you. We will make a total balls up of answering difficult questions, we will sit on the fence and we will become hairy and wear jesus creepers.
Power to the people
250px-Citizen_smith.jpg

If you took that attitude with everything in life you wouldn't get very far. For example, lets say hypothetically you stood as a political candidate in a local council election. You put hours and hours of work in and yet get a measly profit (a few votes). Would you give up, say it's all crrap, too much effort .......... not at all ............. you have come back strong, preaching to the masses of a woodworking forum, we're listening and citizen Jacob when the uprising happens the masses will come (well 6 of us) all armed with to the teeth with dull lilerature, donkey jackets, we will rally round you. We will make a total balls up of answering difficult questions, we will sit on the fence and we will become hairy and wear jesus creepers.
Power to the people
250px-Citizen_smith.jpg
I'm not going to change the world by selling sharpening stones for three quid though am I?
Though come to think we'll have to sharpen our pitchforks when the revolution comes.
I wonder if Veritas do a pitch fork sharpening jig? With lots of brass knobs on?

Last edited:
Brexit dividend strikes again!
Sold a low cost item on Ebay going to the Channel islands. Have to fill in a ludicrous customs declaration - not worth the time, nor risk of getting it wrong, so cancelled!
If I did it again I'd ask for p&p plus £5 for admin.

I filled out a cn22 two days ago, or three? It took about three minutes longer than a normal label plus the requirement here in the states that you drop it off at the post office the day you sign the bottom. It wasn't particularly difficult. I don't have any ancillary tax numbers or anything to fill out other than my name and contents plus value. It's never stopped anything from being delivered.

It was the pent up frustration of putting hours of work into selling something for a measly profit of about three quid. Having to dig out my passport just seemed a step too far.
If it had been a tenner I might have buckled down more cheerfully!

£3, Surprised you got out of bed for that.

I'm not going to change the world by selling sharpening stones for three quid though am I?

I thought it was £20. Stick to the story or you'll blow ya cover for the thread.

As mentioned, the C.I.'s aren't in the U.K. but we do have a constitutional relationship with them: based on "accepted practice" I believe. ;) The fact that customs forms have to be completed between us seems plain daft to me. Was it the case pre-brexit? But if not it smacks of the current Eton old boys administration, even if that isn't the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back