Customs declarations and brexit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though come to think we'll have to sharpen our pitchforks when the revolution comes.

When you have the revolution can you do it on any day but a Tuesday, they are always frightfully busy for me and it would put a right spanner in the works to get stuck in traffic due a revolution.

Brexit dividend strikes again!
Sold a low cost item on Ebay going to the Channel islands. Have to fill in a ludicrous customs declaration - not worth the time, nor risk of getting it wrong, so cancelled!
If I did it again I'd ask for p&p plus £5 for admin.
Not Brexit - de rigeur for yonks. If your charge out rate for filling out a very simple customs form is £5 suggest you change your business and just fill in forms for a living.

There are CN22 forms and other CN22 forms..... We were sending a present to our grandchildren from France to the UK. Found 2 versions of CN22 online - one on the gouv.fr web site, the other on la poste. Basically the same though. Filled one in and stuck it to the parcel and off to the post office who said that form is not valid - you have to have one with a bar code and it's only available on-line (no joy there as la poste's web site had been broken for 2 days already) or at a terminal at the main post office. That needed an hours trip to the nearest town........

There are CN22 forms and other CN22 forms..... We were sending a present to our grandchildren from France to the UK. Found 2 versions of CN22 online - one on the gouv.fr web site, the other on la poste. Basically the same though. Filled one in and stuck it to the parcel and off to the post office who said that form is not valid - you have to have one with a bar code and it's only available on-line (no joy there as la poste's web site had been broken for 2 days already) or at a terminal at the main post office. That needed an hours trip to the nearest town........

Yes there is one with a barcode now, hit and miss if a PO requires it though. I still use the old ones as I never send anything without tracking so the barcode is not needed in that case.

A Belgium friend asked me to contact a UK company where he buys his vitamin drops from.
They had stopped delivering to the EU because of the paperwork and irate customers complaining about packages being held at EU customs.
Indeed he was correct.
This must be impacting lots of small companies but I wonder why nothing is being done to ease the frustration?

Unfortunately covid has meant a massive increase in NHS expenditure, not sure if it amounts to the mythical £340m we were promised. Terribly, I could see Boris trying to spin this as a promise met.

Well we are spending millions a day pointlessly testing school kids so that might come to 340 million for the NHS?

Amatuer
to answer ur question.....
uness it affects the pockets of the morons in charge (all parties) nothing will get done...
still realing from the £20,000 floating duck shed...
they are all greedy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well we are spending millions a day pointlessly testing school kids so that might come to 340 million for the NHS?

350m X 52 is 18 billion or so.

The promised extra finding by the chancellor was 3 billion.

So, no, the numbers clearly and demonstrably were a lie.

Unfortunately covid has meant a massive increase in NHS expenditure, not sure if it amounts to the mythical £340m we were promised. Terribly, I could see Boris trying to spin this as a promise met.

As above, it's way way off the funding that the "let us spend it on the NHS" implied.

350m X 52 is 18 billion or so.

The promised extra finding by the chancellor was 3 billion.

So, no, the numbers clearly and demonstrably were a lie.

20 billion on track and trace to help the NHS though, there's your 350 a week.

Good heads up. Im going to go over my exclusions in my ebay and add the channel isles, and just stick to mainland UK.

Mainland UK is GB. You are not one of those miserable eBay sellers who haven't been prepared to send to NI for years - well before Brexit - are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back