Customs declarations and brexit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just another remoaners thread. Why is it that people do not apply the same vigour in getting on with what is required, instead of putting more energy into about why it will not work! Perhaps some of you are too young to remember that we used to trade with all countries before the EU which is top heavy with rules and regulations. We were world leaders in most industry and trade until successive generations became too lazy to work but spent more time protesting about the conditions they had brought about!!!!

.... before the EU which is top heavy with rules and regulations. .....
Funny how brexiters get this completely upside down. Strange.
The simple fact of the EU is that it developed to make trade easier by agreeing common rules and regulations. There's a clue in the title "Common Market".
The glaringly obvious consequence of brexit was to make trade MORE difficult, not less. This was pointed out over and over again from the start and now we see the obvious consequences as predicted.
A real mystery that Brexiters could not see this very simple fact!
An even bigger mystery is how on earth brexit can give the UK any advantage at all, anywhere, over anything.
Just saying!
My beef with sending to Jersey I now see was because I was sent the wrong form and it asked for my passport number and other stuff. Their mistake. It did say that this was the new post Brexit form however.

Last edited:
Did you get that replacement belt Jacob? You must be trying to get the record player fixed surely?
Speak for yourself!
Have you yourself noticed any brexit benefit anywhere?

Funny how brexiters get this completely upside down. Strange.
The simple fact of the EU is that it developed to make trade easier by agreeing common rules and regulations. There's a clue in the title "Common Market".
The glaringly obvious consequence of brexit was to make trade MORE difficult, not less. This was pointed out over and over again from the start and now we see the obvious consequences as predicted.
A real mystery that Brexiters could not see this very simple fact!
An even bigger mystery is how on earth brexit can give the UK any advantage at all, anywhere, over anything.
Just saying!
My beef with sending to Jersey I now see was because I was sent the wrong form and it asked for my passport number and other stuff. Their mistake. It did say that this was the new post Brexit form however.
If as you say trade is what the Common Market is all about. Pray tell me what the EU is all about and why does it impose laws on us without our consent. With regard to the other 27 countries they will start leaving within the next 2 or 3 years, as my mother used to say mark my words.

Not well but catching up. UK still ahead with world's worst mortality rates however. Can't blame Brexit for that either.

Actually we are 11th on deaths per million several EU countries ahead of us and several in the same ball park (Italy for example), that assume every country has been honest and counts deaths the same way (they don't, we are very pessimistic with our counting).

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a Brexit dig.

If as you say trade is what the Common Market is all about. Pray tell me what the EU is all about and why does it impose laws on us without our consent.
"Common Market" was the earlier manifestation of the EU.
Pray tell me which EU laws we are now free from and how it is benefitting us?
With regard to the other 27 countries they will start leaving within the next 2 or 3 years,....
I think they will pay close attention to the UK's progress (regress so far) and, like so many of us, will be wondering if there is any point in leaving.

Actually we are 11th on deaths per million several EU countries ahead of us and several in the same ball park (Italy for example), that assume every country has been honest and counts deaths the same way (they don't, we are very pessimistic with our counting).

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a Brexit dig.
We are 11th of the world's worst but with only 10 minor and not comparable small states doing worse. Italy, USA both doing better.
Was there anything else besides the covid vacc (doubtful anyway) which you could point to as a Brexit dividend? Or are you expecting anything in particular and if so when?

We are 11th of the world's worst but with only 10 minor and not comparable small states doing worse. Italy, USA both doing better.
Was there anything else besides the covid vacc (doubtful anyway) which you could point to as a Brexit dividend? Or are you expecting anything in particular and if so when?

We've been over this before. End of free movement was the main one for me.

In what way have you seen the benefit of this, or expect to see it?

Again, we have been over this, go back and look at your other thread, I am not going to repeat myself ad nauseum, that's your job ;)

Again, we have been over this, go back and look at your other thread, I am not going to repeat myself ad nauseum, that's your job ;)
No but it's been 5 years in the making - you'd expect to see something being made of it by now - all the freedom - those amazing opportunities for young entrepreneurs - remember IBS waxing lyrical last year?
We are looking for signs of the new dawn!
I'm sure you will let us know if you see anything yourself, but clearly you can't at the moment.
Covid will get the blame though.

If as you say trade is what the Common Market is all about. Pray tell me what the EU is all about and why does it impose laws on us without our consent. With regard to the other 27 countries they will start leaving within the next 2 or 3 years, as my mother used to say mark my words.

Yeah right, and Ireland will rejoin UK......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back