Customs declarations and brexit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

Pint of bass, porkpie, and packet of crisps please
Reaction score
Brexit dividend strikes again!
Sold a low cost item on Ebay going to the Channel islands. Have to fill in a ludicrous customs declaration - not worth the time, nor risk of getting it wrong, so cancelled!
If I did it again I'd ask for p&p plus £5 for admin.

This is all I filled in when sending to Southafrica in January.
Hardly difficult
customs jpg.JPG

A bloke I know imported some jam from England to N Ireland...........a few forms had to be filled in:

lS0hzfA.png

Got off lightly compared to some Scottish fishermen, 71 forms per load to EU, assuming they reached it in time.........

Good heads up. Im going to go over my exclusions in my ebay and add the channel isles, and just stick to mainland UK.

Hardly difficult
View attachment 107251
Mine was a different form. Wanted passport numbers for me and the recipient and all sorts of other details. Maybe the wrong form? Too late now I've cancelled - there was only a fiver in it for me anyway.
Was brexit new regs BTW.

Mine was a different form. Wanted passport numbers for me and the recipient and all sorts of other details. Maybe the wrong form? Too late now I've cancelled - there was only a fiver in it for me anyway.
Was brexit new regs BTW.
I sent my parcel post Brexit this January and found the form online in advance, filled it in a stuck it on the parcel. Post office guy started to say I needed to fill in a form and then saw the one I'd used and said it was ok. Seemed impressed that I'd bothered to look into it. There were signs up in the PO about now needing forms to be used for post to EU which of course your parcel was mine was going to South Africa so might have been different but I don't see why its just to declare whats in there and value for duty to be paid in the receiving country.
If you do it again ever then google for CN22 and you can print one like I did.

The Channel Islands have never been in the EU, they're not even in the UK!

Last year I sent a package to the US. The only difference compared with posting to the UK is the CN22 form. I even messed up by not filling in the "total" but it still got there.

If an Ebay seller states they post to The Channel Islands and then cancels just because they changed their mind about posting there, then the the seller deserves a negative feedback.

Last edited:
Every item I have ever posted to the Channel Islands has required a customs declaration and every item I have ever bought from there has come with one attached as well.

Sorry to tinkle on your picnic.

EDIT: It's the CN22 form which is all you need for goods up to £270 going anywhere in the world. I have a roll of them on my desk now.

There are 2 customs forms, a CN22 (Myfordman posted this above) and a CN23 for higher value items. Neither require a passport number.
You do sometimes need proof of identity for the recipient for some goods - e.g. knives. Jacob, care to tell us what you were shipping?

There are 2 customs forms, a CN22 (Myfordman posted this above) and a CN23 for higher value items. Neither require a passport number.
You do sometimes need proof of identity for the recipient for some goods - e.g. knives. Jacob, care to tell us what you were shipping?
It was an old oilstone in a wooden box. Value £20. Could be an accessory to murder of course!
It was Hermes sent me the online form. Asked for identity number (I don't think I've got one) or passport number (which could take me some time to find), and ditto for the recipient.

Hardly difficult
View attachment 107251
Yes, but the transition period, along with all existing customs arrangements which the UK had with other regions (as part of its EU membership - package deal) ended at the end of January. Looks like you snook in under the wire.

Yes, but the transition period, along with all existing customs arrangements which the UK had with other regions (as part of its EU membership - package deal) ended at the end of January. Looks like you snook in under the wire.

Eh? He was sending to South Africa, nothing has changed there.

Sorry to spoil your anti Brexit thread but the Channel Islands are not in the EU if you want to avoid this sort of problem you need to exclude all international sales from your ebay sales.

Sorry to spoil your anti Brexit thread but the Channel Islands are not in the EU if you want to avoid this sort of problem you need to exclude all international sales from your ebay sales.
Still have to fill up a customs declaration - as a result of Brexit apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back