Customs declarations and brexit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My beef with sending to Jersey I now see was because I was sent the wrong form and it asked for my passport number and other stuff. Their mistake. It did say that this was the new post Brexit form however.

I ordered a set of HT leads and got delivered a set of spark plugs, I returned them and got sent what I requested.
I did not immediately come on here and blame it on brexit....................

Come on Jacob, I know you think we are stupid but your transparent. If your underpants were too tight it would be blamed on brexit.
Lack of votes in a council election, Brexit ........................... actually that parts true as Jezza made a right balls up of dealing with it.

Why not (be so dismissive)?

Well you don't think it possible, but lets just see how things go. I would never rule anything out, if you had asked me 18 months ago did I think some of things we have seen in the last year were possible I would have laughed in your face. I have been humbled.

20 billion on track and trace to help the NHS though, there's your 350 a week.

20 billion on private contracts that were nothing to do with the NHS, and did not help the NHS.

My point was that the 18 billion that we were asked to allow government to spend on the NHS ("let's spend it on our NHS instead") has, again, clearly and demonstrably not been spent on the NHS.

If you want to suggest that a shameful funnelling of public money into private hands to the tune of £20b somehow legitimises the failure of government to follow through on their request to spend it on the NHS then go ahead, but i don't think its a pursuit you will gain much traction with.

Last edited:
So - nobody can think of anything really of value happening as a result of brexit?
Maybe next year?
Early days, it's only 5 years of intensive negotiations since the referendum. Rome wasn't built in a day!

So - nobody can think of anything really of value happening as a result of brexit?
Maybe next year?
Early days, it's only 5 years of intensive negotiations since the referendum. Rome wasn't built in a day!
I can name an advantage to Brexit. You've found a new hobby: complaining about Brexit constantly. What else would you do with your free time?

I can name an advantage to Brexit. You've found a new hobby: complaining about Brexit constantly. What else would you do with your free time?
I was asking for a friend! :rolleyes:
So - you can't think of anything either?

To be fair, brexers have a hobby: moaning about the EU....which they do as much or more.

One would've thought they might want to move on :)

Maybe next year?

It may eventually kill off British exceptionalism
Maybe if we have long term decline, it will lead to social change and the UK will get rid of FPTP.

In the short term it's hard to ignore the fact Brexit has enabled the UK vaccination programme....that is something of value

Well you don't think it possible, but lets just see how things go. I would never rule anything out, if you had asked me 18 months ago did I think some of things we have seen in the last year were possible I would have laughed in your face. I have been humbled.

No it won't happen, 800 years of history is against you. If anything the UK will get smaller.

Meanwhile N Ireland into it's 7th night of rioting. NI Protocol/Brexit/Irish Sea border and a couple of local issues.

EyFB-GxWgAAAg_j

And not a single word from London or Johnson. If this was happening in GB........

Last edited:
fairly normal isn't it -
just depends which particular terrorists are being pandered to that determines how much news it makes.

In the short term it's hard to ignore the fact Brexit has enabled the UK vaccination programme....that is something of value
No thanks to Brexit. The UK vac prog was initiated whilst still in. We would have done the same if we had stayed in.
So - basically drawn a blank?

No thanks to Brexit. The UK vac prog was initiated whilst still in. We would have done the same if we had stayed in.

Did any EU country follow their own path? They could have, but did they?

I heard our fish are now britisher and feel better about it? I can only assume the author of such words was able to ask the creatures owing to being a sea slug himself.

Did any EU country follow their own path? They could have, but did they?
They all did one way or another and except for Belgium they are all have lower death/million rates, in spite of their vacc regime being confused.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-53640249Flogging a dead horse here.
The fact is nobody in the UK has experienced any advantage in Brexit at all, by all accounts. This is looking on the bright side - but drawing a blank!
Now we could look at the downside and ask the other question - has anybody experienced any negatives?

Ahh Jacob, get asked one question, answer another instead. You really should be a politician.

Ahh Jacob, get asked one question, answer another instead. You really should be a politician.
Answered several times! They did follow their own paths see above but yes there was a failing over the vacc prog. But it wasn't brexit which sent us off on our own path we were still in the EU and would have done the same had we stayed in.
More about you not liking the answer and having nothing else to flag up as a brexit dividend!
And nobody else has either!
What about the negatives? What do you think about the remoaning fishermen?

So just to be clear, we could have gone our own way on vaccines if we were in the EU, but no other country chose to do that? But you still think we could have/would have? Even though no-one else did, even though they could, but they didn't.

So just to be clear, we could have gone our own way on vaccines if we were in the EU, but no other country chose to do that? But you still think we could have/would have? Even though no-one else did, even though they could, but they didn't.
Yes we went our own way whilst we were still in the EU. There's an explainer here Covid: What’s the problem with the EU vaccine rollout?
"However, the UK's approval of the jab would have been permitted anyway under EU law - a point made by the head of the UK medicines regulator.
The UK could have joined the EU vaccine scheme last year while it was still in a transition phase with the EU, but it chose not to."

Other EU states could have opted out too.
Yes it seems it was a smart move but Brexit had nothing to do with it.

So - what do you think about the remoaning fisherman, majority of whom voted to shoot themselves in the foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back