Custom Corbels Oppertunity

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorden

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been approached by an American company who are renovating a house in London. They sent me an email (below) but as my workshop is a no go area at the moment (new dust ex system going in) I said I'd pass the job on.

Dear Sir,

We are working with a homeowner in Brentwood, England (Northwest of London) on a kitchen remodel. Do you produce custom architectural elements ?

We are in need of four architectural corbels, two for her mantel surround, and two for the opening into the kitchen. I've attached a PDF file showing the dimensions. All four corbels are identical, and are very simple (no carving.) Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in producing and what type of cost and timeframe would be required.

I've also attached a photo showing a corbel similar to the type we would like produced. We would not need anything carved on the left and right side as the photo shows, but we would need to consider how to mount the corbels to the mantel and to the walls.

If this is not something you would normally produce, do you know of anyone that would be able to ?

Thank you.

Christopher Bendorf

If anyone is interested, please pm me with your email address and I'll forward the details to you.

Dennis

I and a couple of non woodworking friends also received that email.

I was highly suspicious and did not open the PDF file. Americans fitting a kitchen in the UK...... Nah

Be careful!!!

Aldel :shock:

They also don't seem to know where the house is, Brentwood was in Essex last time I went there.

Mark

Northwest London

Id be wary....

At best its North East london, but as said before, Essex.

Senior, Your'e slightly closer than me, so you can do it..... :lol:

Marky

I was going to look at it but now you all have said this I think I might not :shock:

Next time I should look closer at things :roll:

Actually Marky your nearer the M11 therefore you may have first go...

So anyone else up North had them? Brad? Mailee? Scrums? Dunk?

Oh yes, and what exactly happens when you open the PDF?

Scrit

Ahhhh, but Senior...

You can cut down past downhall hotel, then through fyfield and ongar and you'll beat me there.

Marky...

Errrr...... where's Essex?

Northern Boy Scrit :wink:

essex is where all the girls are blond, wear white stiletos and have enormous ..............................................

credit card bills

Sounds like some of the boys I went to school with......... in Essex :shock:

Scrit

Thats true Senior.

Maybe ill go and have a look.

I am rather naive, so I would imagine that would be enormous 'Handbags'

Of course, if im not wrong, youre workshop is in essex...........

Marky

Back