Creativity & Development of concepts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like what you've done to the place - as they say.

The star in the refinements is the "onion"

It looks a complete and stylish piece. Looks good and fantastic craftsmanship

Well done =D>

Hi Ian,

Really impressed with this piece, it takes a lot of motivation to rework a piece and you've done a great job.

There are a bunch of ideas for this piece and I hope you take the time to explore them, looking forward to how you proceed with this idea.

Cheers,

Lee.

Thanks for the supportive comments guys. We all need a bit of encouragement!
I`ve got lots of ideas about different directions I could take to develop what I`ve shown here. Hopefully, I can bring some of them to fruition.
I`ll keep you posted.

Ian

Is this posting history now or are you all working towards a big release for the Xmas.
Dont let it fade away ,after all the effort that Phillip and me put into it.
The minute I turn me back off you go at a tangent.

boysie39":2uk87nik said:
Is this posting history now or are you all working towards a big release for the Xmas.

Hi Eugene,

Its not dead its resting. Like me on my back. The ideas are buzzing and as soon as I'm up and about I'll be back on the lathe.

I'm sure the others have a few other things to occupy them. Silly lot still want to pay the bills and the mortgage instead of doing interesting stuff.

Nice to see you back :D

gus3049":1lk325an said:
boysie39":1lk325an said:

Hi Eugene,

Its not dead its resting....

...Pining for the fjords :?: :D

nev":2nuv1e3s said:
gus3049":2nuv1e3s said:
boysie39":2nuv1e3s said:

Hi Eugene,

Its not dead its resting....

...Pining for the fjords :?: :D

Up before the beak? Enjoying his nuts? Nailed to its perch perhaps though why a Polly would join to a fish I have never been sure?

I just had to have a quick look at the sketch and it is still funny after all these years. Brilliant stuff.

The old ones are always the best!!
Hiya Gordon, still having back probs. it is a bummer this not feeling good is'nt it. I have hundreds of idea's of what to make NOW
but when I get back to the shed zilch nothing.
I was considering selling my thoughts but I can never remember them !!
Good to hear from you SIR
Get well soon

After this months challenge I should think that there are lots of people who should get involved in this aspect of turning.
I'm sure when Phil he looks at the pictures posted he will be quite pleased.
It may have acted as a spur to some who have been on the fringe hopefully.

boysie39":2ust8rzc said:
After this months challenge I should think that there are lots of people who should get involved in this aspect of turning.
I'm sure when Phil he looks at the pictures posted he will be quite pleased.
It may have acted as a spur to some who have been on the fringe hopefully.

You know Boysie - when your right , you're right!

Time to pick up this whole dimension and give it a shove. Turning and Talking Balls for the last month certainly takes it all back to where we were, especially when you look at ians interpretation on Balance with the Ball on top.Another Month or two and Gordon will be back up and running er .... well walking anyway, and as always more the merrier

Wood spoiler":333nw3ih said:
Time to pick up this whole dimension and give it a shove. Turning and Talking Balls for the last month certainly takes it all back to where we were, especially when you look at ians interpretation on Balance with the Ball on top.Another Month or two and Gordon will be back up and running er .... well walking anyway, and as always more the merrier

'ello Colin,

Glad to see this thread resurrected. I am hopping actually - with frustration that is. However, there are some things that need to be done to the house for our long term comfort and convenience and they all involve lots of physical labour so I have to take it steady. The muscles are all on song but I still need to take care of the back. I think your couple of months is about right.

It would be nice to involve more than the three of us that have responded so far though. Lots of the new members look interesting so maybe there will be more interest.

Any more thoughts from Phil to spur us on??

Back