Bye bye!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Digit":3a1g0ioo said:
To be honest Phill I think your explanation was beautifuuly expressed, significantly better than my own.

Roy

Thanks, I try to be clear, but a plain-text-only format makes it hard sometimes.

I always re-read what I have written and obviously it makes sense to me. :lol:

Roy.

A quick change of subject..

Phil, that is one lovely box that you have made there. I love the shape and the carvings on it!

Back on track. The US have asked for the U.K. to please send this gentleman (?) over to them so that they can put him on trial. If he is found innocent by our allie then he will be free to go. The U.K. has a treaty with the US to cover this. France has a similar treaty with the U.K. and if I were to go to the U.K. and commit a crime that the U.K. police wanted me for when I came back home then there would be no hesitation, so what is the real difference?

so what is the real difference?

None, other than the US is likely to give him a stiffer sentence than the UK in similar circumstances.

Roy.

Jonzjob":12okdt3v said:
A quick change of subject..

Phil, that is one lovely box that you have made there. I love the shape and the carvings on it!
Thank you. The heads around the edge, btw, are family members. Both sides of the family - it was a wedding present to the wife.

As for the main topic, I too worry that the balance of rights has swayed too far towards the perpetrator, but I am wary of a stampede towards mob rule.

Two things tend to lead to mob rule Phill, one is religious fervour and the other is when the people feel that their government is not listening.

Roy.

Digit":3nahm7fg said:
Two things tend to lead to mob rule Phill, one is religious fervour and the other is when the people feel that their government is not listening.

Roy.

Oh dear, we are in for it now then......

Digit":k0fsjkp2 said:
Two things tend to lead to mob rule Phill, one is religious fervour
Don't think so. Religion may become the flag uniting a group but more often than not it's a set of much simpler issues driving things. The "rise" of islam is a consequence of the various economic and political issues within islamic countries, and very much a reaction to the invasions from outside. If these are resolved religion tends to fade in significance.
Mobs motivated by religion alone? Anti abortionists in the USA perhaps?
.and the other is when the people feel that their government is not listening.

Roy.
True.

phil.p":1673h19z said:
I wonder how long a lot of the religious fanatics would stay in this country if social security stopped feeding and houseing them?
Who, the Catholics?

Here we go again!!!

Looks like he may be staying - Yawn #-o

Wouldnt you have thought they would have got this sorted by now! :roll: :roll:

Oh I think he'll go eventually, just as soon as the human rights lawers have made sure that their retirement fund is up to snuff.

Roy.

They should loose all human rights the day they start a terrorist group

If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic

Time to move along.

If anybody feels they are missing out on something concerning this subject no doubt there's a suitable forum somewhere on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back