Brummie Bash-09.Sept 5th.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cornucopia":37mgm7vi said:
I will be bringing all of my hollowing kit Paul and am happy to show anyone intrested how to get a dig in with it :oops: :lol:

That much I know George....I need teaching how not to get a dig or at least get it when I haven't got the walls nice and thin :oops:

Pete

Bodrighy":323oekei said:
cornucopia":323oekei said:
I will be bringing all of my hollowing kit Paul and am happy to show anyone intrested how to get a dig in with it :oops: :lol:

That much I know George....I need teaching how not to get a dig or at least get it when I haven't got the walls nice and thin :oops:

Pete

:lol: lots of pratice pete and a bit of luck :D

Cornucopia wrote
I will be bringing all of my hollowing kit Paul and am happy to show anyone intrested how to get a dig in with it
That'll be great George.
Could you list what they all are.I know you have the Firminger tools.

Bodrighy wrote
You're going to need a bigger garage at this rate Paul. Or put a roof over the aback lane
Good idea Pete.Perhaps i could put the Gazebo up there :wink:

Might be totally impractical, but if anyone can show me an example of a turning rig\steel snake?

Can I bring some turnings for you to laugh at?

Wizer wrote
Can I bring some turnings for you to laugh at?
Of course you can Tom.I'm sure there won't be no laughing though.
Forgot to mention Tom.
I have the Lyle Jamieson hollowing rig you can look at,though i haven't tried it out meself yet.
I also have the Woodcut Bowlsaver,again which i haven't used yet.
So if we can get time and someone would like to bring along some nice wood they have,they can use the saver.Show me how to use it :D

If you have an email (better pm it) I can send you a pdf file on how to make one. Alternatively if you use the family woodworking forum you can see and download the pdf here

Hope this helps

Pete

the modified munroe and the hamlet and the little munroe
DSCF5566.jpg

two trent bosch hook tools
DSCF5570.jpg

the short flute spindle gouge
DSCF5364.jpg

the firmager tools- 3 on the right
DSCF4850.jpg

DSCF4853.jpg

and some home made one's
DSCF4859.jpg

DSCF4944.jpg

DSCF4945.jpg

Thanks George :shock:
That lot should cover everything :D
I like the look of the Trent Bosch tools.I might have a play woth those meself,if i get a chance that is :roll:
All i gotta do now is sort some wood out for the day. :D

Paul.J":2jd21dwz said:
Thanks George :shock:

All i gotta do now is sort some wood out for the day. :D

whats the biggest your lathe will swing Paul? and wahts the biggest you've had on? i'll see if i can sort some fresh beech to bring with me (transport allowing-doug?)- at least that way we havent got a dust issue.

Cornucopia wrote
whats the biggest your lathe will swing Paul? and wahts the biggest you've had on?
It's 7" to the bed George so 14" dia max over the bed.
When me outboard attachment turns up it should take a 30" dia piece.
I have had 12" x 8" lump of Cherry Plum on,which was going well till it broke in half.
Since then i haven't had a chance to do anything big :roll:
At the moment i am making a drawered mobile sharpening cabinet for all me bits and bobs which seem to be all over the shop at the moment.

Cheers Pete, will look at that PDF. I've seen a few examples of it but I'd like to see one in the flesh before I go to the trouble of making one. I'd even like to get some tuition with a rig if I can find someone who will put up with me. ;)

Paul if I can make it then I'm going to drive up. So I can bring some green beech for a bit of bowl saving. Tho I'm not sure we're going to get through everything? Maybe nearer the time we can have a little informal vote on what gets formally demo'd? Praps an assortment of demos based around hollowing, showing George's tools, the hollowing rig, etc?

Looking forward to it.

Space allowing I was hoping to bring my VB and pro-forme hollowing tools...and badger George into a masterclass :)

So I can bring some green beech for a bit of bowl saving. Tho I'm not sure we're going to get through everything? Maybe nearer the time we can have a little informal vote on what gets formally demo'd? Praps an assortment of demos based around hollowing, showing George's tools, the hollowing rig, etc?
Yes good idea Tom.
Just getting some ideas together so we can have a vote or what ever nearer the time just in case other good ideas turn.
Or shall we just concentrate on hollowing from the start :?:

Paul.J":2k66bokj said:
I also have the Woodcut Bowlsaver,again which i haven't used yet.
So if we can get time and someone would like to bring along some nice wood they have,they can use the saver.Show me how to use it :D

If people want to compare the two i can bring my kel mcnaughton centre saver - tho i dont guarantee to be able to demo it as its not something ive practiced much.

i might be able to bring some green timber to play with with them depending on what falls down between now and then.

big soft moose":3mbxef1p said:
i might be able to bring some green timber to play with with them depending on what falls down between now and then.

Not in my little roller skate if I do end up able to give you lift you won't :) Unless they are truly small blanks, especially if you're packing any harpoon like hollowing tools! :)

Miles

miles_hot":57uvc5lb said:
big soft moose":57uvc5lb said:

Not in my little roller skate if I do end up able to give you lift you won't :) Unless they are truly small blanks, especially if you're packing any harpoon like hollowing tools! :)

Miles

we could strap it to the bonnet with a cargo strap :D

Seriously i might wind up taking my car or possibly the work truck if i have more than the load space (if any) on a lotus will accomodate.

Back