Brummie Bash-09.Sept 5th.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be demoing Funnels and Steve will be Demoing how to catch flying mushrooms.... ;)

Right.
Have decided on the following weekend of the previous date.
So September 5th is the new date.
Hope this suits all who want to come so far :?

miles_hot":35k5324n said:
Sounds very interesting however I fear that I wouldn't have a lot to bring to the party except for a keenness to learn - mind you between now and (maybe) September there's a fair time to don skis and attack "the slope"...

Miles

come along miles- you said you needed some bowl gouge experince- here's your chance to try a few diffrent profiles of various members. if nothing else bring that lovely car of yours and i can make brum brum noise's whilist sitting in it again anmd everyone can have a laugh watching me trying to get out :lol:

sept 5 is fine by me paul

Miles, as others have said come along, I'm in the same boat as you I haven't got much to give but a lot to learn from the more experienced guys on here. I'm hoping there might be someone there who will be able to start me off with the basics of hollowing because it's something I just can't get to grips with at all.

Paul provisionally the 5th is ok with me.

Regards

Steve

If work/swimbo allows I'll be up for this (miles if you want to car share let me know ( i can give you some petrol money if you would rather take your king of the road , rather than my king of the dung tip ))

I dont have a great deal to contribute either mind you - tho as a semi profesional photographer i could bring my gear and make sure we have plenty of proof that it happened ;) (I'd also be up for doing a short demo on taking decent pics of your work if people would be interested in that )

big soft moose":1kf0uval said:
(I'd also be up for doing a short demo on taking decent pics of your work if people would be interested in that )

yes please i could really do with some help- i cannot seem to get a good photo of my work.

OK, thanks for the reassurance - make me a strong provisional. I may be able to give you a lift BSM however it is possible that we'll take the family up to the in-laws in Leicester so allow me to confirm a little closer to the time. I'll try to arrange to bring the lotus George (if only to watch you!) however it might have to be the "new" civic with the surprisingly darkened windows (how is it that you don't see these things till you get it home!).

Miles

miles_hot":2uyu2toj said:
OK, thanks for the reassurance - make me a strong provisional. I may be able to give you a lift BSM however it is possible that we'll take the family up to the in-laws in Leicester so allow me to confirm a little closer to the time. I'll try to arrange to bring the lotus George (if only to watch you!) however it might have to be the "new" civic with the surprisingly darkened windows (how is it that you don't see these things till you get it home!).

Miles

tell you what miles - you take the family in the civic and i'll follow in the lotus ;) :lol:

I may have changed my car for something sportier by then (though not being able to run to a lotus i'm looking at either an mX5 or a smart roadster) so george can always make brum brum noises in mine instead ;)

big soft moose":wung8iik said:
miles_hot":wung8iik said:

Miles

tell you what miles - you take the family in the civic and i'll follow in the lotus ;) :lol:

I may have changed my car for something sportier by then (though not being able to run to a lotus i'm looking at either an mX5 or a smart roadster) so george can always make brum brum noises in mine instead ;)

An interesting idea there - I just may have to think on that for a bit - I'll let you know sometime around 10th September....

The M5 is a cracking car but I'd stay away from the latest version of it as I think that they lost the plot a little on the styling and it only got heavier.

Miles

Oakydoaky Miles and BSM your names are down.
Photo lesson seems a good idea so will try and allow time and space in the house for it,or even at the lathe pehaps.Workshop piccys :?:
If any one else is interested speak up :D

miles_hot":1v2h9hsx said:
The MX5 is a cracking car but I'd stay away from the latest version of it as I think that they lost the plot a little on the styling and it only got heavier.

Miles

I cant afford a new one anyway - I'm leaning towards the smart as i have to commute to oxford and the fuel efficiency is much better (swimbo wants me to buy a focus :( (and not the ST version either :cry: )

Paul re the photography - if the weather is good outside is preferable as mistake number one is taking pics under artificial lighting, though that said I'm happy to also cover taking action pics at the lathe if people want.

if the weather is rubbish somewhere with decent natural light such as a big window, french doors. or conservatory is favorite

Hi Paul,

A very king offer again. Unfortunately I can't attend as it's my Stag weekend. I will however also be praying for good weather :wink: !!

Richard

Hi Paul ....
after having to pull out of last years Bash ... I'd like to try and get along for this one, if there's room for a wayward Jock in Birmingham !

Got a bit of time to plan this one, this time !

8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be great if you could make it,Alun - I could sort out some timber to repay you for the walnut blanks 8)

Andrew

Hello Mike.
Your name is down :D

Well folks there are just a few places left. :shock:
Once it reaches twenty i will have to close up shop.
But there are a couple of may bes at the moment so if anyone would still like to come along just put your name up still and we'll see what happens,and i will take the names in order.Just in case some do drop out.

Back