Bobby's new build thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd imagine the bricks should presumably recoup you some good money (or at least defray the demolition costs).

The demolition was in the fixed price, so any reclaim value goes to builders. Potentially there is a lot of money there 25000 soft reds and about 5000 pan tiles, how much is salvageable and at an economic rate is questionable.
I just want the outside light as the only souvenir, just a token gesture of the past meeting the present. I'll put it on the garage wall.

Just an update, we are settled in now.
The ground source heat pump has been commissioned and is working perfectly, water goes out at 1deg returns at about 5deg, the heat difference is used to heat gas which is then pumped through a compressor which creates the heat. Very clever.
The 2 tanks were filled with cold water about 750 litres, it took 4-5 hrs to heat them up to 50deg. Brilliant. House sits at about 23deg quite comfortably could probably get it up to high 20's no problem.
All feels like free heat, it's actually a 1 to 4 system which means for every 1kw of electric I use on pumps I get 4kw back, constantly because of the stability of ground temp.

I kicked my builder into touch and have arranged for other contractors to come in next week and demolish old house. I'll put up pics.

old house has gone, bloody big mud bath at the moment.

IMG_2647_zps6se3v6gp.jpg

I'm waiting on a design at the moment but it's pretty simple, sweeping curve of grass from garage corner, in front of house and down to bottom corner of entrance, another sweep of grass from entrance to far corner of garage, gravel driveway with a raised island with 3 trees. Lighting on drive edges.

Good to see the progress you have made and future landscape plans, I would like a porch at the front door, or perhaps you have other ideas for the landscape.

Looks fantastic Bob. Look forward to seeing it landscaped when the time comes. You must be well pleased with how it's all turned out now you're in.

Not my cup of tea for a new build looks-wise but constraints are constraints and its about the liveability really which I am sure is fantastic.

Well we had to wait all winter before we could get going on the garden.
Lots of work to get it cleaned up, levelled and de garbaged of old baths, car parts, bricks...........
Today the seed went down. Feels like we are on the home straight. They are doing the front once the back is sorted.

IMG_2820_zpslmcbixxd.jpg

Wow, if that's a lawn I hope you have a ride-on mower, or a combine perhaps!

F.

We now have a green tinge, rain all day today so I think we'll have something resembling a lawn by the end of the weekend.
Now have the fencing completed at the back, soon be dog proof, the oldest dog has developed a habit of wandering off to the village pub
IMG_2847_zpsgkyuywg7.jpg

IMG_2849_zpsu1kmm1ja.jpg

doctor Bob":2nvgt6i2 said:
Now have the fencing completed at the back, soon be dog proof, the oldest dog has developed a habit of wandering off to the village pub

Fairly ironic Bob :|

Latest posts

Back