A tale of three parts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dave, which thread,

a nice read please keep us updated

There are about 4 going off here. The one on the bolection mould started in tools index but thank you for the intrest shown.

This one "A tale of three parts" or it could be "Four" :wink:

Didn't know about the other ones :roll: :wink:

Dave :O)

I am a bit taken back by the responce of warts an all. The three parts are basically
1). Working round the white goods in a small workshop.
2). Building a Planer/thicknesser base.
3). somrwhere to store my increasing collection of wood planes.
Plus. to carry out the above, make a router lift.
An oppertunity to try out different styles of doors (need the practice).
In building the doors making my own mouldings by hand or using the router lift. And its all taking an age which the errors I keep making are not helping. Once you start a work in progress post you have to keep on with it or do you? Do I give up the W.I.P. and return to making the odd comment.
Yesterday didnt go as well as what I hoped, when I started making the next set of doors. When I stripped the cramps off this morning dispondency set it in with the resuls. Yes it was sharper/crisper than the first pair made, but there were still mistakes caused by me knowing the rules and breaking them. A question of do as I say not as I do.

In the photo it dosn't look too bad and it should look better when cleaned and sanded up.

DSCN5075.JPG

If I had not broken these rules I would be nearer to perfection.

Advice ignored. When gluing up set your stall out. Before gluing up make sure you have selected and marked the stock face side and edge. Don’t use the glue straight from the container use some form of container (yogurt pot). Have some clean damp rags handy and a glue brush that fits into the joints.

To post what actually happened can be related to a comedy film such as the "Plank" I am embarressed.

Mike, we've all been there, don't give up!

Any deviation from perfection will be noticeable to the person who made it, but pass completely unseen by generations of other people, who see the whole thing, not the details.

Our house is late Victorian. When I look closely at the internal joinery, I see loads of mistakes and re-workings where things were cut slightly the wrong size or at the wrong angle. (Indeed, on plan the whole house is narrower at the front than the back and most of the rooms are not square.) But do people look at it and think what a mess it is? No, they see the whole thing, not the snags, and think it's stylish and decorative.

It will be the same with your projects!

Thanks for the encouragement Andy I think it is the weather its so cold. It went better today stripped the next leaf which turned out satisfactorily.

Doors+for+the+tumble+dryer.JPG

My youngest has got a few jobs for me to do at her place so will be going over to West Suxxex for the week end. A rest from the project will be what the Doctor ordered.

There will be no work in Progress on the, "A tale in three parts" as next week its re-erecting and repairing a Ceder Wood Greenhouse. Not very interesting W.I.P. except on Monday when I visit the timber yard for some Cedar or some alternative. The sole pieces have suffered with wrot maybe oak or teak (Iroko) Depends on whats available and when I fully inspect the parts the extent of the wrot tomorrow.

Back