• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

A bit dodgy, to say the least....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you think someone should let the seller know its a dressing tool for a grinder wheel ?

adidat

I will not buy anymore tools...
Reaction score
one catch on the tool rest and it would smash into dangerous fragments!

adidat

petercharlesfagg

Established Member
Reaction score
steadyeddie":2cz9949p said:
Saw this on "a well known auction site" today. I don't think I would like to use it for the purpose it's being sold as :shock:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/woodturning-t ... 0972710886. An accident waiting to happen methinks.
If anyone out there buys it, let me know how you get on :wink:

Dave
Well seen!

I have sent a message to the seller to warn them of the possible consequences of misinformation. I can only hope that they act upon the message!

regards Peter.

Jonzjob

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Ex nr Carcassonne, S France. Now NW Wilts, UK
I had already sent him a message about the dresser and have had a reply saying that he is not a very experienced turner (?) and that he can't either stop the sale or change the details I don't if that is correct or not? He thanked me for pointing it out..

Mark Hancock

Established Member
Reaction score
My favorite is the "Maple double sided woodturning chisel" for £14.99. I'm sure you can get the boxed set for a tener

loz

Established Member
Reaction score
I got a reply from him,

Dear ****

hi ****, thank you for that information, other woodturners have informed me about this. thanks, very much appreciated, john. ( ps, i bought this item with a lot of turning chisels & some other stuff, it looked like the textureers on ebay!!.)
- bath501

Jensmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, you can revise your listing at any time so I think his answer about not being able to is suspect. Perhaps he doesn't know how too.

petercharlesfagg

Established Member
Reaction score
loz":uo5roo6n said:
I got a reply from him,

Dear ****

hi ****, thank you for that information, other woodturners have informed me about this. thanks, very much appreciated, john. ( ps, i bought this item with a lot of turning chisels & some other stuff, it looked like the textureers on ebay!!.)
- bath501
I have received the same response, hopefully he will read the instructions and cancel his entry.

I have done so before now, I can only assume that he really does not know quite what he is doing!

Regards Peter.