Warning all APF10 Axminster Powered Respirator users??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the Trend cheaper? Sure it was dearer than the Evolution when i bought mine. Didn't realise that the Trend offered more protection though and puts a different slant on things. I may well now think about pushing for a refund and swapping to the Trend. Is the refund from Axminster across the board, no questions asked? Bought mine in May 2016 for £199.

skipdiver":qs1gybtw said:
Is the Trend cheaper? Sure it was dearer than the Evolution when i bought mine. Didn't realise that the Trend offered more protection though and puts a different slant on things. I may well now think about pushing for a refund and swapping to the Trend. Is the refund from Axminster across the board, no questions asked? Bought mine in May 2016 for £199.

I have no idea if it's no questions asked. I contacted them for a response last week when all this first surfaced, but I only bought mine a few weeks ago in June. If you're concerned or would like a refund just try contacting Axminster. I've seen the Trend for less than £190, and it has twice the protection, so it's a no brainier for me

skipdiver":b8map3sh said:
Didn't realise that the Trend offered more protection though and puts a different slant on things. .

I think you will find if you check the specifications that the JSP is THP1

The Trend Pro is THP2.

The main problem I had with the original Trend Pro when I tried it was the weight and balance in use, I have no experience of current incarnation of model.

Thanks chaps.

Funny thing is that i've already had mine collected by Axminster once early on when the battery wouldn't take a charge and they replaced it no problem.

Will have to look into this a bit more when i have some time. I'm stupid busy at the moment and the Evo is in use constantly.

Jonnnie - I am fine with your rationale. I simply think you cherry picked and wrongly extrapolated from the HSE website. The debate has run its course. I also have the Trend product now with the waist mounted power unit. Personally, I find it quite uncomfortable to use (gives me a headache), and so I don't use it most of the time, except when spraying. Mine was a cast off from my brother.

Not been on forum for a week or so. Just read this post, just contacted Axminster.

Everybody wants a refund..... and.... I..... want..... one..... too:)

Back