2022 Secret Santa

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like mine is driving around england. tracking shows it in a little truck now. 🛻 Don't really know what that means 😂!

Attachments

• A924E8E8-17ED-4A20-800E-F6BC69A45156.jpeg
    A924E8E8-17ED-4A20-800E-F6BC69A45156.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 0
  • CB31C2E0-CBDF-47AD-BEB9-BB214DDD70E5.png
    CB31C2E0-CBDF-47AD-BEB9-BB214DDD70E5.png
    275 KB · Views: 0
I received a parcel yesterday which I assume is the secret santa- though no indication… will wait until Christmas Day to open it

A parcel (a big one) has just arrived from Canada 🎅 🎅 🎅
hopefully it's sister arrives tommorrow, i sent them a day apart, BUT, like last year. i was just in the garage spraying lacquer on cabinets and noticed i forgot to put the card in again. That's two years in a row! That's why i usually get my wife to pack boxes!!! Grrrrrr.

I received a parcel yesterday which I assume is the secret santa- though no indication… will wait until Christmas Day to open it
Received a second such parcel today, and then realised that they are both parcels from ebay purchases last month which were delayed in the post - so no Secret Santa yet! (both opened and confirmed to be the ebay purchases.)

Received a second such parcel today, and then realised that they are both parcels from ebay purchases last month which were delayed in the post - so no Secret Santa yet! (both opened and confirmed to be the ebay purchases.)
is the post over in England still having work stoppages or strikes?

And we all know that this and the one to follow are the two we ALL want to see the most 😁😁😁😁😁
not much to see this year. i've been so busy working, i felt bad not putting more me time into my gift.

l love seeing every gift. i wish a lot more people would get involved. i believe secret santa is really a viechle to obtain a few more life long friends. Not just receive a gift. we all get complacent and forget it's a big world out there, and joining the secret santa club certainly only has benefits. i know i've met a few new friends, and i love to hear little bits and pieces of another culture each year.

i've heard people say i can't join secret santa as i'm not a good enough wood worker. That certainly is not what it is about. i'd rather receive a gift from a beginner woodworker that has put a bit of his heart and soul into something, while thinking about me. For instance i received a gift from a really high end wood turner years ago. a nice gift but i'm sure they turned around and grabbed one of there 100's of signature turnings off the shelf and put in a box. No thinking involved.

Then like last year i received one of the best gifts ever. Garno, ( an excellent woodturner), took the time to see i was also a cook. printed off some english sausage recipes, made me a beautiful pen with a personalized case, amount other things. i still talk about this to all my friends. Thst gift made my year. so if anyone is on the fence about joining for next year, don't hesitate. you will have fun making something for someone else and maybe even acquiring a new friend. The best gift ever!

not much to see this year. i've been so busy working, i felt bad not putting more me time into my gift.

l love seeing every gift. i wish a lot more people would get involved. i believe secret santa is really a viechle to obtain a few more life long friends. Not just receive a gift. we all get complacent and forget it's a big world out there, and joining the secret santa club certainly only has benefits. i know i've met a few new friends, and i love to hear little bits and pieces of another culture each year.

i've heard people say i can't join secret santa as i'm not a good enough wood worker. That certainly is not what it is about. i'd rather receive a gift from a beginner woodworker that has put a bit of his heart and soul into something, while thinking about me. For instance i received a gift from a really high end wood turner years ago. a nice gift but i'm sure they turned around and grabbed one of there 100's of signature turnings off the shelf and put in a box. No thinking involved.

Then like last year i received one of the best gifts ever. Garno, ( an excellent woodturner), took the time to see i was also a cook. printed off some english sausage recipes, made me a beautiful pen with a personalized case, amount other things. i still talk about this to all my friends. Thst gift made my year. so if anyone is on the fence about joining for next year, don't hesitate. you will have fun making something for someone else and maybe even acquiring a new friend. The best gift ever!
Well said(y)

Latest posts

Back