2022 Secret Santa

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just seen my Not so Secret Santa 2nd parcel from Canada is out for delivery today, great news as Royal Mail including parcel force are on strike from tomorrow until after Christmas.

Just seen my Not so Secret Santa 2nd parcel from Canada is out for delivery today, great news as Royal Mail including parcel force are on strike from tomorrow until after Christmas.
yes. looks like santa pulled it off. shipping from canada in 8 days. 6 business days! nobody at customs getting a chunk of coal this year!

Last edited:
How's the weather over where you guys are. I've been stuck in the house all week!!!!!! Looks like christmas day will get warmer. even ski hills have closed here due to cold!!!! Alls i can hear is my furnace running full time eating up our money and gas!

Attachments

• 93F36249-96EE-4447-BD8E-8836697E588F.png
    93F36249-96EE-4447-BD8E-8836697E588F.png
    469.6 KB · Views: 0
How's the weather over where you guys are. I've been stuck in the house all week!!!!!! Looks like christmas day will get warmer. even ski hills have closed here due to cold!!!! Alls i can hear is my furnace running full time eating up our money and gas!
Last week was cold, here in Surrey one day was -8 so nothing like you get but it's enough to cause chaos in the UK, schools boiler broke down so had to shut the school for 1 day while it was fixed. Now it's just wet and windy.

Last week was cold, here in Surrey one day was -8 so nothing like you get but it's enough to cause chaos in the UK, schools boiler broke down so had to shut the school for 1 day while it was fixed. Now it's just wet and windy.
yes we get a dry cold. i remember my step father telling me a story. when he first moved from Surrey England to Canada back in 1970 he said the first winter here he wore a sweater all winter even though the temperature dropped to - 25 c some days. he said the dry cold was nothing like the damp cold they got in UK. he said that cold went through to your bones , while our dry cold was refreshing!
Hey you guys, you are not suppose to like this post!!!! 😂 There is nothing to like about -30, dog can go out and do his business and be back at door in under 5 seconds!

Last edited:
Stig - I found a little book about the history of my junior school (published in 1965, the year I left). It said that after WW1 the caretaker's first job of the day was to light the twenty two stoves.
Wow that would have taken some time 😀 glad we have mains gas for the kitchen takes me 45 minutes to an hour to open up and restock all the toilets paper and soap.

Not going to name and embarrass but this evening I received an early Christmas gift from a fellow member (100% not my Secret Santa), the gift is a years membership to the American Association of Woodturners, I was so surprised and touched by this amazing gift I got emotional and SWMBO had to share her tissues ☺
So to my newest Friend I want to say thank you, acts of kindness like this mean the world to me and are never forgotten 💖

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Okay. 4 sleeps to go! 2 big ones and two naps! Suppose to go from -30 to -2 on Christmas day! finally.

on s sad note. i was going to turn a Platter for a friend for christmas. and i have tore my shop apart twice! getting really upset! 😡

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Okay. 4 sleeps to go! 2 big ones and two naps! Suppose to go from -30 to -2 on Christmas day! finally.

on s sad note. i was going to turn a Platter for a friend for christmas. and i have tore my shop apart twice! getting really upset! 😡
Oh no, I hate it when you know you have something, perhaps you’ve even seen it, but can you find it!

A huge parcel was waiting for me when I got home from work last night. A colleague is dropping part 1 off on his way to visit family tonight. Didn’t manage to complete part 2 yet but it will be dispatched before new year

Back