WTB: a fiberboard plane :)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pekka Huhta

Established Member
Reaction score
Believe me or not, but I really will need one for my projects.

My friend has fiberboard ceiling in his house. Due to some renovation he would need a few dozen new beveled fiberboard panels to match the old ones, as he doesn't want to remove all of them.

I promised to help him out and thought that this would probably be a very good spot to buy a plane. I know that I could cut the bevels with a circular saw as well, but then again it is a showoff as well to hand plane them. :D

Blood & Gore is... slightly less than helpful on the subject, so I do not know which model or type I would want. Preferably one that does cutting the panels from a bigger sheet (there should be one, shouldn't there?) and bevel the edges.

Does anyone have a plane for me? They seem to be so unpopular that they can't be found in eBay.

Pekka

Hi Pekka,

I don't know whether you have access to a copy of "Planecraft" but there is a comprehensive description of the two Record versions of the planes and how they are used in there. The two models were #730 and #735. If you send me your address I could post you a photocopy.

One problem is that most of the blades used were disposable, razor blade type and they would be more difficult to get hold of than the planes.

I saw a couple of the planes in Pennyfarthing Tools about a year ago. You could try them and see if they have any http://www.pennyfarthingtools.co.uk/

Might be easier to find a different way of doing it.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Jake":qidqx7xp said:
I spot a UK/US spelling issue.

:D

I'm spelling only in FI, which stands for Finland :lol:

I had missed that plane on eBay, although I follow both eBay .uk and .com. So it was not a search engine issue, I just had missed it.

One big problem is that relatively many people are shipping only to UK or US, so I have missed several (other) planes that way.

I guess I could make those planes myself pretty easily, but I'm not seeing any enthusiastic ahhs and oohs waiting for those planes. I think those planes might be even be defined as "sand on the slope" :wink: :D

Paul, thanks for the offer, I'll PM you.

Pekka

Pekka,

I have one you can have for the price of the P&P

PM me

I'll dig it out of the loft at the weekend

Pekka Huhta":38gjgv87 said:
I had missed that plane on eBay, although I follow both eBay .uk and .com. So it was not a search engine issue, I just had missed it.

One big problem is that relatively many people are shipping only to UK or US, so I have missed several (other) planes that way.

Hei Pekka,

I have great success in asking the seller if they would ship to me (Saksan). Be carefully: always ask for the shipping costs, because there are many seller who add a fee for package (usually second hand cardboard and tape) and "handling". :D

Cheers
Pedder

pedder":1cmsw0o2 said:
I have great success in asking the seller if they would ship to me (Saksan). Be carefully: always ask for the shipping costs, because there are many seller who add a fee for package (usually second hand cardboard and tape) and "handling". :D

Yep, I have done that many times, but for example the seller on the above link refused to sell outside UK. Which is actually good, as otherwise I would have bought it and missed lurker's offer :wink:

Lurker, thank you for the offer, PM sent.

Pekka

Back