Workshop coming along.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahomo59

Established Member
Reaction score
The roof got done well over a year ago! But as you folks know it takes time and money. If I had my way I'd take it down and start again, but I'm working with what I've got. It originally it had asbestos corrogated sheets on it that consendated a lot and were mega expensive to get rid of.
Roof height is really low so I doubled up wall plate. 6x2 straight on top at 400c
Picked up 8 sheets of 70mm celotex for £100 that are continuously laid over the 6x2, really happy with that. 18mm osb 3 screwed through the lot. Went with Wickes roofing covering, 2 layer system, no photos.
Cls studs, 75mm batts with 12.5mm plasterboard. I will skim at a later date, I plaster.
Hopefully the picture will show...
Since Celotex has been on, not one drop of condensation. And just that alone retains a lot of heat.

I'll keep you all updated. Looking to fill it with lots of treats.

Cheers all

Excellent work. I can see why you'd prefer to pull it down and I've been there myself. Just got to live without perfection some times :)

I built a concrete block shed at our last house and this time round its all timber construction and fully insulated. The difference is unreal. It retains the heat for about 2 days believe it or not.

Latest posts

Back