Woodhaven2 heads up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Site is up and running - if you have a login which fails - send me a pm with details and I will have a look
Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at www.thewoodhaven2.co.uk.
If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:

Try again later.
Check your network connection.
If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web.

@akirk It could be my browser being unsupported though:dunno:
Tom

I went to have a look and I can read the Home Page and I can open a Forum page but can't look at any threads. A page opens up telling me I have to join. Probably me but if a site is closed to me having a little look around it will never have me as a member. 👋

Pete

I went to have a look and I can read the Home Page and I can open a Forum page but can't look at any threads. A page opens up telling me I have to join. Probably me but if a site is closed to me having a little look around it will never have me as a member. 👋

Pete
It is free to join!

Not sure exactly how all the permissions are set up or what the final pattern will be as the software is new to the site…

What browser are you using - no other reports of issues…

Can you try on another browser / computer / phone etc?
My laptop is running a bootable Linux mint thingy, on Firefox, (Chrome won't upload)
and it won't go on reddit for instance, as I get that browser lingo.
Working fine on an Amazon fire tablet, got logged in just now.
Signed out and couldn't see the thread, same thing as Inspector.
edit: posted this issue since.
Cheers
Tom

Last edited:
The signing in to view is it seems the default settings for a guest - the concept being that a community is about all contributing so those who view / consume without wanting to contribute don’t help that community feel… so guests can see the forums / see the threads but to read content need to login…

I will have a look at the permission sets to see what other options there are :)

Hi Vann, I hope you wont find it a retrograde step. Yes it will be different but please take a look and raise any problems with us and we will try and help.
A lot of work has gone into the new version and has had a lot of testing by a number of current members
Bob
Input and testing by those at the user end is the only practical way to develop anything.

Pete
Pete - have played with the options - guests can view content now - photos will only show up as small unless signed in but other than that - fill your boots!

Lots to learn with a large variety of options!

I took a look but I’m none the Wiser as to if it’s improved😂 Whatever became of Tom Sustins?

Good question , Myself and Tom had some good times a decade + ago.
Odd isn’t it he was a prolific poster here and then started the a different place I think he had a few personal issue and then he disappeared completely! Strangely I think he knew my late Dad from Shooters Hill Golf Club.

Yebbut I only want to talk to them about sharpening! :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
You’d be fine as far as I’m concerned.
In you’re particular case though Jacob I don’t think you’re missing much as we’re not as reactionary as other places, also much more in agreement with your (and mine) method of quick sharpening on a combination stone so no fun trying to get a rise out of us! Lol.
Ian

Latest posts

Back