Where to buy my new saw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martlewis

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest where I could buy my new SIP 10" table saw?

Both sellers on ebay will ship on 3-5 day delivery but are unable to confirm with supplier what day delivery will be. I can't get a week off work at Christmas just to sit in waiting, and I expect the pallet will arrive on the path outside the house as there are 5 steps and a 20ft path to the door.

I can see me sitting by the road stripping it down into manageable parts :cry:

Ideally is there any suggestions of somewhere I could collect one in North Yorkshire or Derbyshire? I'm on the border of Sheffield and Chesterfield, have a van, and will travel if necessary.

Cheers guys.

Martin

Give DB Keighley a ring. They had one in stock a few weeks ago when I was there and they are not too far from you (nr Leeds). Their website is :-

http://www.dbkeighley.co.uk/

I've no connection with them, haven't even bought anything off them so can't comment on service but hope this helps.

Yeah I got mine from DBkeighley. Make sure you have cash though because they don't accept cards.

Edit.
If you are coming to buy it in leeds, you could pop in to my workshop and see it in action before you buy. My workshop is about 4 miles from DBKeighley.

Try West Skelston here:

SIP 10"

£30 cheaper than Keighley and include delivery in the price. They are excellent with arranging delivery days

Hi Mart,

Have you tried Weld uk, excellent service, best price £460 with change and locally at Pinxton Notts.
I am only a very satisfied customer of theirs nothing else.

Sure you`ll be pleased with `em.

Slimjim, I'll take you up on that offer if I have to come out there to get it. Always good to actually see something in action before buying and would be much appreciated. I'll be in touch.

Am thinking I will be getting it this Saturday, don't know if that would be convenient with you for me to call in. I have the use of the parents transit for the morning so as long as they can load it for me. I guess I'll be stripping it down in the back of the van to get it out and into the shed thats down 2 lots of steps, across my decking, down 5 more steps and into the shop :shock:

Hi martlewis, if it's anything like the 12" you are going to need a hand to get it to the workshop because it's real, real heavy. Even the side extensions weigh a ton, so take it easy down them steps.

Enjoy your new toy.

Cheers

Mike

hey Marty.

I'll be out sat morning as British Hardwoods are having a sale. Gonna go blow my christmas present budget i think.

Saturday aft would be good though, as I will be hard at work in my workshop anyway.

You will definately need a hand. two of us struggled to move it 10ft into my workshop.

ps. they will use a forklift to load it. so no problem there.

Slimjim, can the TS be stripped down into manageable parts and then built up once it's in the shop? Got a narrow set of steps down from my decking to get past.

The saw comes unassembled. You could take the cast iron top off to make it easier to lift, but this would mean that you would have to be very accurate puttig it back on, making sure the table and slots are parallel to the blade. You would need a dial gauge and a fine adjustment tool (hammer) for this.

Slimjim81":2oepbta6 said:
Yeah I got mine from DBkeighley. Make sure you have cash though because they don't accept cards.

I've used DBK before - great service, very pleasant guys. Send / take a cheque - they even sent my stuff out without waiting for the cheque to clear!

Got the saw reserved (even though they have 6 in stock!) and I'm collecting saturday :)

Will pay cash for it. Can't wait to get it setup for that first cut.

martlewis":3dj8jdxk said:
Got the saw reserved (even though they have 6 in stock!) and I'm collecting saturday :)

Will pay cash for it. Can't wait to get it setup for that first cut.

Enjoy your new saw Mart you seem to be excited :D \:D/

But don't forget those immortal word,

Before we use any power tools, let's take a moment to talk about shop safety. Be sure to read, understand, and follow all the safety rules that come with your power tools. Knowing how to use your power tools properly will greatly reduce the risk of personal injury. And remember this: there is no more important safety rule than to wear these — safety glasses.

Sometimes we laugh when anyone quotes Norm and I really don't want to spoil your fun of buying a new machine to play with, but I emphises this line from the immortal quotation

Knowing how to use your power tools properly will greatly reduce the risk of personal injury

Have some fun but remember this new saw is about as dangerous as they come, it will and can bite you, so stop to think before every time you use it.

Warning over, go and enjoy.

Congratulations Mart. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with it.

You gonna pop in before you go?

Not sure if I'll be able to, had to borrow works van and someone to keep me company on the drive. Will be rushing to get it back and unloaded.

I am going to be popping up just after Christmas though for a couple of other bits, thicknesser is next :) Should have a bit more time on my hands then.

Drop me a message with your mobile number and I'll ring you if it turns out I have time to call in.

Cheers mate,

Martin.

p.s. cheers for the sig line Nibbo :lol:

I once asked a girlfriend, a junior doctor working in the local hospital, what was the one piece of medical advice she considered most important. Without hesitation (but with a shudder), she said, 'never buy a circular saw'. This never stopped me buying one (she also thought a book token was the ideal birthday present for someone who had just cooked her a three-course dinner, by the way), but I remember her words every time I switch one on.

I wonder what she would have thought about thicknessers.

Back