What would you do with these?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukey

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been offered 90 of these, made from scandinavian hardwood:
reel2.jpg
reel1.jpg

Now I really love things that are made from reclaimed material but I am at a loss with what to do with all this stuff....its all in good condition.
They have a good aged look, and are several years old.
They will just come apart into seperate pieces of wood really easily if I want, or can be kept together, cut in half...

What would you do with it? (Apart from wait until the 5th Nov)

I am thinking - toyboxes and coffee tables galore....any more suggestions?
Bear in mind I am thinking of quick turnaround for selling.

WIP's will be added and also the finished results.

Didn't know the Scandinavians had hardwood.. :lol:

I take it they are cable reels? Depending on sizes,small ones could be indoor coffee tables,large ones for outdoor picnic tables/pub beer garden furniture.

Andrew (who used to deliver 8' reels of electric cable)

Lukey":3fannlu2 said:
I am at a loss with what to do with all this stuff....its all in good condition.

Give one to each active forum member? :lol:

Kepp them coming!

Motown - Could do, although i don't think they would sell for much...

Powertool - Thats what they told me! Not looked at them in the flesh yet but had a few pics. They look more like a dense pine to me.

Nibbo - I am thinking patio tables but I don't know how I would do the leg part, unless I just removed the base and used the cylindrical section as the base...

Byron - Can't flog them as they are because to move them in my vehicle I will have to break them. They cannot hold them for me...

Tony - dependant on how much there is I may well offer them out from the Manchester area and we could all have a competition
:lol:

Lukey":zpmxxo2n said:
Nibbo - I am thinking patio tables but I don't know how I would do the leg part, unless I just removed the base and used the cylindrical section as the base...

:lol:

I was thinking leave them as is. :lol:

First thing hat springs to my mind is garden wishing wells. If the timber is contoured in the centre then stiripping them down would give you a head start on the well sides. :wink:

You could make the biggest cotton reel type tank in your area, just need some bungee cord and a broom stick. :roll:

I'll get me coat.

Could not but notice all the hits from you all, so had to join and say hello, and by the way what happened to all those reels ?

Regards
David

DMD":1f41pe1l said:
Could not but notice all the hits from you all, so had to join and say hello, and by the way what happened to all those reels ?

Regards
David

HI David, I never ended up getting them, my wife weed all over my chips, as it were.

I didn't have any room :oops:

I suppose she is right in a way, the basement is full of desks and wood and toyboxes :lol:

Back