What is the optimal workbench length for you

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even more of a curse if it's too big. That's my point here: Bench. Small is beautiful

Or not enough - as the case may be!
Trip down memory lane. 8 ft bench just not big enough!

bigwin11 copy.jpeg

Nice. Very artistic photos! - you need a bit more lighting in that workshop :LOL:
Thank you. It was shot early in the morning when just a hint of light was passing through upper glass door window, which made this lightning setup. I have two windows facing west, so that I do not have too much heat generated through the day.

Looks fantastic. I think you should have gone for 4mx2m given your space. For sure the top will get full bi have that problem in mine all the time.
Thank you very much. I have bought some more maple for this bench and I think I will be able to make a shorter version (1.5-1.6 m) of this bench made from maple only for my son. He is right handed, so I will place my bench to the left and his bench to the right (so vices are next to each other - far appart just enough to be able to rotate the handles of each bench freely.). So in general I will have one big bench that will be 3.4m long and 0.6 m deep.

The top will definitely get full. I train myself to store all tools that are not used in current operation to their places. But it is really hard to be that diligent. Maybe that is why why mess is a default in many and order is a luxury that needs effort to maintain.

Thank you very much. I have bought some more maple for this bench and I think I will be able to make a shorter version (1.5-1.6 m) of this bench made from maple only for my son. He is right handed, so I will place my bench to the left and his bench to the right (so vices are next to each other - far appart just enough to be able to rotate the handles of each bench freely.). So in general I will have one big bench that will be 3.4m long and 0.6 m deep.

The top will definitely get full. I train myself to store all tools that are not used in current operation to their places. But it is really hard to be that diligent. Maybe that is why why mess is a default in many and order is a luxury that needs effort to maintain.
Great plan!

Back