What would you buy?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

OK

Here's the deal. It is clear that many members lust after xyz if only they had the money for it.

Well, your long lost cousin/uncle/aunt etc. has just (sadly) passed away and you inherit just enough to buy that one dream tool you lust after

So what ONE tool do you lust after that you will buy with the lolly?

If it has to be a tool erm..
Thicknesser.

Although I really want more time and Material to play with.

Lee. :-({|=

I'm going to cheat and say a Felder combi, if it's only one line on the receipt then it's only one tool :)

If i'm only allowed one function then I'd probably say the Jet 60A planer, I'm sick of trying to make the best of what passes for square from the timber merchants around here and my skills with a hand plane leave a lot to be desired.

regards,

Simon

Tony":14fdxy9w said:
OK

Here's the deal. It is clear that many members lust after xyz if only they had the money for it.

Well, your long lost cousin/uncle/aunt etc. has just (sadly) passed away and you inherit just enough to buy that one dream tool you lust after

So what ONE tool do you lust after that you will buy with the lolly?
Rutlands or maybe Axminster :D

After spending two hours last night resawing on a TS and by hand I'd have to say a very good 14" bandsaw, or a thicknesser.

Andy

Philly":2y1ocyy1 said:
That "Anant" plane set from Argos :lol:
Philly :roll:

A very good choice sir. I'm sure you'l find it more than adequate for you needs :wink:

There may be one or two choice tools that i want, but it is not worth having them if you have nothing to use them on. So the top of my wish list has to be a shipping container of the most exotic woods in the world. Oh heck, forget the container and give me a ship full of shipping containers.

Cheers

Mike

Well I've been building my workshop for a long time, and now there is very lttle that I NEED but don't have. However, what I would LIKE is a top-of-the-range tablesaw, preferably with a scoring blade, and the workshop space to accommodate it. I'm finding my primitive Axminster generic 10" increasingly inadequate, and the only reasons I haven't changed it is that I don't have the space for anything bigger, and it has a long nose...

Cheers
Steve

Time, space and timber stock seems to be the biggest impediments to above dreams, but I have mentioned before that in Chippendales time they made nice intricate furniture without all these modern fangled electrical things.
I however would most probably go up market to one of those mitresaws with two bearing bars.

I'm going to have to put another vote for the bandsaw, I only have a tiny Draper tabletop jobbies at the moment which will not cut in a straight line on wood over 1/2" thick and will cut out if the wood is more than 2 1/2". Don't spouse the recently ex-relative would also stretch to a bit more floor space as well as I don't have the room for said bandsaw.

Simon

would have to b3e one of them hand made planes made in canada. cant think of the name heaven in your hands :D

Tony,

I think your proposition is flawed. I don't think Her Indoors would ever let me blow the lot on a tool. So I think first one needs to develop a cunning plan :wink: and forego some of the inheritance on a bit of deception.

1. Recruit a partner in crime.

2. Book a romantic weekend away with the wife.

3. While away, get the partner in crime to smuggle in the desired tool.

4 Ensure he smothers it in sawdust and grime to give the illusion it's had years of use.

5. When you and wife return home and she is still thinking you are wonderful and notices something different about the workshop and says "What's that?" you say "Oh, it's been there for years" :^o :^o

6. You might just get away with it.

However, knowing my luck and the fact that my wife is even more cunning than me, I think I'll just ensure I don't spend it all and have enough put by for the divorce :shock:

Paul

Latest posts

Back