What would you buy?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd buy a big bright workshop with windows. Alternatively, a big bandsaw is on my list.

Adam

Planer thicknesser - any one, not fussy, just as long as they'd take the Maxi away at the same time... :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":k4fh3fqx said:
Planer thicknesser - any one, not fussy, just as long as they'd take the Maxi away at the same time... :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf I've got the space for the Maxi!!!!!!!!! :)

Paul Chapman":1sxgwwxi said:
Tony,

I think your proposition is flawed. I don't think Her Indoors would ever let me blow the lot on a tool. So I think first one needs to develop a cunning plan :wink: and forego some of the inheritance on a bit of deception.

1. Recruit a partner in crime.

2. Book a romantic weekend away with the wife.

3. While away, get the partner in crime to smuggle in the desired tool.

4 Ensure he smothers it in sawdust and grime to give the illusion it's had years of use.

5. When you and wife return home and she is still thinking you are wonderful and notices something different about the workshop and says "What's that?" you say "Oh, it's been there for years" :^o :^o

6. You might just get away with it.

However, knowing my luck and the fact that my wife is even more cunning than me, I think I'll just ensure I don't spend it all and have enough put by for the divorce :shock:

Paul
Paul
I would be happy to help you out. I even have a suggestion to make the "lived in" look more authentic. Have the dream machine delivered to MY house and I'll play with it for a month or two to make it look really "lived-in". The Missus will never catch on then :wink: :lol:
Philly :D

A lathe. Nice one with decent speed control, reversing, 48" or more between centres, unlimited bowl turning capacity etc.etc.etc. 8)

Oh... and ... somewhere to put it :oops:

Where are all the xcalibers then? I was expecting loads of votes for them :wink:

Tony":2h87h42y said:
Where are all the xcalibers then? I was expecting loads of votes for them :wink:

What down grade from my Wadkin? :twisted:

Its difficult choosing what to ask for, a lathe would be good, but I am not sure I have the time to use one. On the other hand I do like the look of the Woodrat, but I am out of wall space to mount it on.

Ok so could I have an upgrade for my Perform planner/thicknesser? How about a matching set of planner and thicknesser, Wadkin by choice, would need the 3 phase supply to go with them, and while your buying Tony how about dropping in a spindle moulder as well? :wink:

One of these, perhaps?

trevtheturner-wood.jpg

Cheers,

Trev.

Ive been offered a couple of shopsmiths but never seen one , when i asked why they where selling it both said they never use it . Kinda put me off buying it really .

Have you noticed how often they appear in the For Sales in magazines? Seems there is nearly always at least one.

damned mods and their trick questions :p .. the one thing I need is the one thing I can't buy.... Time...!!!!!!

Back