What was the last film you watched and

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last movie i watched that hadnt seen before was Layer Cake - 7/10

Series - got so fed up of getting into new series that then get cut or move to a channel i dont have ( SGU, Heroes, Chuck, Dollhouse, Nikita ) i gave up, i do enjoy the reruns of the inbetweeners though "Bus Wankers !!"

cutting42":2lj69h8l said:
Prometheus on a plane. Without the build up would have given 9/10 with the sheer excessive hype 7/10

+1. Tried hard not to be another Alien movie, but it was just that!!

Last film actually watched (well kinda, was on the laptop also) Hot tub time machine - 2 out of 10.
Last newish film watched (on dvd) was Avengers - 7 out of ten, build up was uninteresting - the rest was enjoyable.
Series - just finished going through all the Red dwarf's - first time I've watched them since they aired on tv, hadnt seen series 7 or 8 before (7 was rubbish). Enjoyed the rest, also a bit nostalgic for me :oops:
Currently Nakita's on now as I type this (watchable), wonder how the green arrow series will be.

flanajb":8jhiahei said:
Debbie Does Dallas. 5/10

Lol

Last film I watched was the first taken which I would give an 8/10.

I really liked Sons of Anarchy and Boardwalk Empire but the most recent rating is the 9/10 going to Life On Mars then I will be on to Ashes to Ashes.

Went off Dexter after a while, OH still likes it. Got breaking bad and sons of anarchy on dvd as gifts, not watched any yet.

Sopranos prolly my favourite ever.

Hmm that reminds me, got band of brothers unopened as well.

Lucky to get to see the latest James Bond movie (sky fall) at a premiere at Leicester square on sat, good movie, a few surprises and the usual humour side. Would recommend.

Glad to see some other Grosse Point Blank fans here, I'd definitely give it a 10/10. There's an unofficial sequel called "War, Inc" (available on Netflix), it's not as good as the original but it's well worth a watch if you loved the first.

State of Play with Russell Crowe. 6/10.

If we are going off topic and talking about TV series worth working your way though the box sets then you can't go wrong this the following.

The West Wing
The Wire
The Sopranos
Mad Men
Sherlock
Homeland

Grosse point blank - most excellent and very underated generally (note the cameo Doom video game in the supermarket). Love the bit where they are both on the phone to each other as one drives up next to him.

Most recent film? Pirates! An adventure with scientists! - 7/10 Moments of sheer genius, but not up to the best Aardman have to offer

Series? Walking Dead is fantastic, Falling Skies was getting good again, but neither compare to Battlestar Galactica. So say we all...

Adam

Kalimna":2ob6aef4 said:
Grosse point blank - most excellent and very underated generally (note the cameo Doom video game in the supermarket). Love the bit where they are both on the phone to each other as one drives up next to him.

Adam

That makes 4 shouts for John Cusack, Minnie Driver and Grosse Point Blank. We (Moi, Loz, Wobblycogs and Kalumna) have most excellent taste I think..:)

Greedo":27qfyirq said:
State of Play with Russell Crowe. 6/10.
The TV series with John Simm was far superior, the best TV series of its type that I've seen since Edge Of Darkness.

The last film I saw at a cinema that I would rate highly (although not 10/10) was The Hunger Games. Before that, it was Black Swan. Come on, how many members here saw Black Swan? I dare you... :twisted:

Would the people with most excellent taste (and the rest of you I suppose :)) also agree that Gattaca is an excellent but somewhat underrated film? I read the other day that the US are considering making gene sequencing illegal without consent which is pretty much the opening the film.

GPB is an excellent film. Got it on DVD recently, having not seen it for years. John Cusack should be a bigger star, IMO.

Can happily admit/confess to having watched Black Swan (although it was the better half's choice). Natalie Portman's performance is first-rate.

The last film I watched - Highlander (for the millionth time). I was blown away when I first watched it as a kid, and although Cristopher Lambert isn't the greatest actor, and Sean Connery plays an Egyptian, whom everyone calls the Spaniard, yet speaks with his customary Scottish accent, it's still entertaining. And Queen rock!!!

Gill":2xmanhb9 said:
The last film I saw at a cinema that I would rate highly (although not 10/10) was The Hunger Games.

My daughter is a huge fan of the books and then the film. I was flying somewhere and decided to watch it as I was bored and actually really enjoyed it. Loved the concept of the story, it was not a typical American Teen pic and the lead character was actually worth rooting for. I liked it so much I watched it again flying home and then bought the bluray!

Hokay! Contentious remark No.46....Noel, I see your "Grosse Point Blank " and I raise you....."Page Eight". I dare to describe it as the thinking man's Le Carre, with intelligent dialogue. I further raise you "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close".

What was contentious remark No 45 I hear you ask? Easy: "Q: Define Urban Myth? A: Sinatra could sing" :-"

Sam

Latest posts

Back