What is this..?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaketherake

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry to bother you all but i'm relying on your expertise here as i'm useless :roll:
Could anyone tell me what this machine is? What it does? And also what it is worth?

Many thanks,
Jake

Attachments

• machine 1.JPG
    machine 1.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 216
  • machine 1..JPG
    machine 1..JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 216
  • machine 1b.JPG
    machine 1b.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 216
  • machine 1g.JPG
    machine 1g.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 216
  • machine 1d.JPG
    machine 1d.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 216
It's an old fennit reamer with attached humgrummit; highly illegal now, and only to be disposed of at M of E licenced sites.
As it happens, I own and run the only so licenced site in Europe, so, if you freight it to me, I'll do the necessary at no charge to you as a fellow woodie. HTH!

Hi Jake, what you have there is a planer/thicknesser, used for surface planing & dimensioning of timber and most of chip collector.
sorry can't help with value, might help if you could note make & model.
chris

Its an older model elektra beckum hc260 planer thicknesser, might make 250quid at ebay. The bit with it is a single bag dust extractor. Whoever it belongs to might really appreciate being given a chance to get it back?
HTH
Neil

jaketherake":2qe0fb72 said:
Unfortunately he would have a hard job, he's 6ft under.

You're a lucky lad then Jake if it's been bequeathed to you :)

I've started listing an inventory (will take me years to do) so that my kids don't need to post questions like yours. Or even worse, get rid of my stuff without realising its true value.
I'm not in any hurry to go yet of course :roll:

cheers

Bob

Latest posts

Back