What is the best Emulsion paint ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've started buying paints that don't contain plastics as I'm increasingly more concerned about how much is washed down my sink, and the final piece ultimately ends up in landfill or flaking off into the environment. Like my garage door which has lost half it's paint (quite possibly leaded). Started using wax/oils on external stuff as this seems more env friendly and doesn't flake, although high vocs.

I bought some earthborn furniture paint recently and it seems very good so far Furniture Paint - Earthborn Paints

As with all these things though it is more expensive, but hopefully less damaging overall.

Not quite answering your issue but I thought people might be interested. I wanted to cover a wall painted in orange (why would anyone do that?). I had some Leyland magnolia emulsion and it obviously wasn't going to cover in one coat. I gave it a second coat - no difference. So I just painted a square to see how it would cover and after about FIVE coats it was still just about the same. So I bought some Crown - covered in 1 coat. Lesson learned.

K

A tip I got from from a professsional decorator in the States years ago... To cover up prior to painting anew over strong colours... use light to medium gray (emulsion/latex) paint first. It will prevent bleed through of any strong colour; be blue, orange, red, and so on...

Back