Waste licence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a waste carriers licence I think it cost me around £170 for 3 years then about £100 after that .
If you are carrying a 6 inch off cut or an old door or a bucket of brick rubble it's all deemed waste and you need a licence to carry it ,I have been stopped 3 times in the last year, they just look at your licence a quick look to see what you are carrying then on your way , it's just not worth not having one .

Cowboy_builder if you carry waste for another person do you have to give them any documentation, ie what rubbish was removed?
I have a receipt from a business that claims to have taken carpets and rubbish from a flat I own, strangely there was no carpets to take and the rubbish that was there you could fit in the back of the car! I think £150 + VAT is a little steep. Obviously he is trying it on.

Baldhead

Baldhead":3uz5ax5y said:
Cowboy_builder if you carry waste for another person do you have to give them any documentation, ie what rubbish was removed?
I have a receipt from a business that claims to have taken carpets and rubbish from a flat I own, strangely there was no carpets to take and the rubbish that was there you could fit in the back of the car! I think £150 + VAT is a little steep. Obviously he is trying it on.

Baldhead

Yes you do need to document it but not in detail I think. e.g "household waste", "rubble", "scrap" etc.

From memory (and I probably have the old info somewhere), If it's carried on a commercial basis then the carrier has to have a licence and the person who the waste belongs to has a legal responsibility to ensure the carrier is legit. If the waste is dumpted illegally, they can also be held liable.
As an aside to that, If you are a busines, hire a skip and allow others to put waste into it you can be classed as a "waste manager" and be required to buy a licence! #-o

£150 is the cost of an 8 cube yard skip so sounds expensive for your area. Just as an example, I had someone remove all the rubble and bricks from my sons house in Morpeth 6 weeks ago. That cost exactly £150 and was a large tipper truck load with 3 guys to load it.

Bob

Latest posts

Back