Council charges and DIY refuse

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunts DC imminently introducing an annual £50 charge for green bin garden waste collection. We have 3 separate compost heaps on the go but still used the green bin for stuff not suitable for composting. Likely we will have a few more bonfires.

There was an analysis of the recycling of garden waste in various Suffolk Councils.

Ipswich increased garden waste recycling whereas it went down in all the rest. Guess who did and did not charge for brown (garden waste) bins.

Anyone with a small volume of garden waste now bags it up and conceals it in the middle of their black (general waste) bins - increasing landfill.

I have still to find anyone to explain why this is a good thing - but as always, there is no situation a politician cannot make worse.

mine in dorset would not accept a small chest freezer because the numpty in charge said that because it had a lockable handle it was a commercial item.after several emails and photos i proved that the manufacturer have never produced a trade freezer.a right nasty regime.

I purchased a bag of cement, £4.50 didn’t use it and it got damp ,I had to pay £5 to dispose of it at the local tip.😳

mine in dorset would not accept a small chest freezer because the numpty in charge said that because it had a lockable handle it was a commercial item.after several emails and photos i proved that the manufacturer have never produced a trade freezer.a right nasty regime.
Which borough are you under? If you're BCP then I'd recommend going to the Bournemouth tip as the staff are much easier going. Poole is a complete nightmare to go to these days so I happily take the 20min extra drive just so I can skip the pointless bureaucracy.

Back