Fly Tipping

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talking of white goods, our local council (Carmarthenshire) started up a scheme a few years ago whereby they would collect white goods free of charge from residents of the county and either repair them or use them for spares to repair other goods. I believe they even trained up unemployed people to learn how to effect those repairs. Then the goods were sold off to less well off people. What a simply brilliant idea. They now charge a nominal fee to collect, but still, just brilliant. Other councils should try copying this.

K

graduate_owner":3in2wphn said:
Talking of white goods, our local council (Carmarthenshire) started up a scheme a few years ago whereby they would collect white goods free of charge from residents of the county and either repair them or use them for spares to repair other goods. I believe they even trained up unemployed people to learn how to effect those repairs. Then the goods were sold off to less well off people. What a simply brilliant idea. They now charge a nominal fee to collect, but still, just brilliant. Other councils should try copying this.

K
Agreed. This is just good on so many levels.

Charging for disposal of rubbish just means honest people pay double. We pay to take our rubbish to the tip and we pay for the fly tipping. Closing down local tips and charging is a false economy.

Having posted to say just how good our local recycling is, I just found out that it closed last week. Nearest one now is about 18 miles away and last time I went there they weren't very helpful.

K

I was parked with a 750kg trailer at a skip next to the skip someone was unloading a flat bed (not allowed now now) of pieces of Leylandii 3' - 5' by 12" - 18" into. The staff wouldn't allow the guy to unload directly into my trailer. Either they are making money, jobsworths or fools.

Back