Bloody officialdom....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, as a tailend to the story, I've just received my new licence, in a little over a week.
The category codes on the rear look a bit different, but that's from memory because you have to send your original with your application. I could look 'em up, I suppose, but....

The main thing that surprised me is how ugly I've got in three years! :LOL:

I went through the on line application until the point where it needs your passport number. Why does it not say on the first page you need a passport to apply on line?

Exactly.
(See post #13)

Now you'll have to apply by post, and one of the further inanities on the form is restricting the size of your signature to fit inside the box. I don't know about yours, but my normal scrawl would go way above and below the area. Knowing how finicky their system is, you try to minimise everything....and end up with a signature that's nothing like your usual.
That appears - even further reduced in size of course - on the licence face.
It doesn't relate to anything you might have to sign for (say) the boys in blue, so what's the point?!

I don't understand the relevance of signatures - if you looked at the last hundred of mine you would be lucky if you found two the same.

Quite.
In fact, apart from the aforementioned form, I can't remember the last time I actually signed anything!

Back