vacuum press fittings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilricketts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hiya i am in the process of building my own vacuum press but i need a supplier of the fittings that go through the home made bags. Can anyone suggest a good supplier in the uk.

Cheers Neil

Airpress sell them (£40)

http://www.airpress.uk.com/frame_set.ht ... mables.htm

They are purpose machined out of aluminium with a self sealing connector - the underside of the base of the fitting is machined to prevent sealing against the 'other side' of the bag. A hidden expense it that you will need to buy the other half of the connector. The bag fitting has a male connector on - you will need the female half which is normally the more expensive bit as it contains the latching mechanism etc.

However, you could make one as all they are is a male connector with a nut either side of the bag and a rubber washer for a seal (add a decent diameter washer so it does not topple over in use), but by the time you have got all the bits, messed around etc the ready made solutuion is probably not too bad value!

BRgds
S

SVB":1lyl5vrw said:
Airpress sell them (£40)

BRgds
S
I live within striking distance of Airpress and the last time I went past it, the building was up for sale, so I'm not sure if the company has gone to the wall? - Rob

Hi, thanks for replys finally been able to check the forum after 2 days of no internet. All i need now is to win the vacuum pump on ebay.

cheers neil

Latest posts

Back