Triumph Mortiser Restoration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anybody fancies a slightly more challenging restoration this one is available on the bay in darkest Somerset:-
ad.jpg

Attachments

• ad.jpg
    ad.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 492
I think that might be stretching the boundaries of restoration... theres just a few important bits missing :D

Just superb work Ryolith, thanks for posting. I wish I was near enough to come and play (I mean "work") in your shop!

Marcros wrote:

I have a similar one in Leeds, if anybody wants it for a restoration project...

May I please register my grateful thanks to Mark both for the machine and for giving up his time to break it down to car-friendly chunks. This lovely old relic of proper British engineering has now migrated north. It was good to see you Mucker, just sorry domestic emergency prevented a longer chat. If you are ever up north of NewKassel ( as pronounced), my door is open.
Sam

I've never used one but they certainly do look as though they'd do the job! Quite a few of them around so must be true. Not surprised that they could be as good as a powered option - a powered morticer takes a fair bit of force - the auger only takes out the middle and the rest of the hole is by manpower.
I was explaining to someone the other day about hand chisel morticing - you emulate the machine; each stroke vertical down the face of the last one, a bit like digging a trench where you get down as deep as you can and then work the vertical face along

Back