Triton Planer thicknesser TPT125 - Cam Locks ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peri

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just been reading the online manual for my Triton planer/ thicknesser.

I've found references to the "Rollercase lock cam" and the "Rollercase Lock"

Where is the rollercase lock? I haven't got access to the machine at the moment, but I don't ever remember seeing anything like that.

Does it - as I really hope - lock the cutterhead so it can't move vertically on the guide rails, thereby helping to cut down on snipe?

Thanks

04-10-2020 19-23-21.jpg

04-10-2020 19-24-01.jpg

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have seen the same thing in the manual and theres a part in the schematic (22) which is a "cutterhead lock plate". I have just bought one of these machines and I can not see any signs of this part being present. I may have to strip it down when I get it home in order to investigate.

Dan

I'm sure than more than a few of us - myself included - will be most interested in your findings Dan - this is a great machine for the money but I rather think that the cam lock is a figment of the imagination of the bloke who wrote the manual!
Martin.

I'm not had chance to look at it further but I did find this whilst searching:
https://stusshed.wordpress.com/2007/08/16/103/
This guy makes reference to the cutterhead lock around 8:20, and then engages it (its the red lever on the RHS near the threaded column). I'm fairly certain after seeing this that most/all of us will not have it, as it'd be fairly obvious if it were present.

Interestingly, it looks as though the model in the video is a very old one (the video is 13 years old and the page references a 2.5HP motor) and it might be that the schematic diagram/manual was not revised properly for the newer models. I am curious because on the triton spares webpage for the mk2 (Triton TPT125 Planer/Thicknesser MK2 Spares Price List) the "cutterhead lock" is listed (22) although its currently out of stock. I would be interest to know if this could be retrofitted to a TPT125 mk2 that doesn't have one fitted from the factory...

Well, you've solved the mystery Dan - that machine is very different from the current model and I doubt that the lock could be retrofitted.
Pity, but there it is.
A nice machine all the same.
Martin.

Latest posts

Back