Titanic

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure we'll be hearing cautionary stories about "dark Tourism" for weeks.
Once people are convinced to the degree where they sign on the dotted line, eliminating all responsibility on behalf of the tour company, this will continue.
Everest, Chernobyl, Titanic and so on
Sad

Others have suggested that screwing LCD monitors into the carbon fibre hull might not be a good idea either.

Once people are convinced to the degree where they sign on the dotted line, eliminating all responsibility on behalf of the tour company, this will continue.
Why not, if they're stupid enough? It should also be written into the disclaimer that no public money will be spent on their rescue/recovery.

Why not, if they're stupid enough? It should also be written into the disclaimer that no public money will be spent on their rescue/recovery.
I agree. People should be free to take whatever risks they like. The proviso being they do not risk others or expect others to bail them out. After all that’s how we advanced from apes in the first place.

Just hear on the radio they claim to have found wreckage, I assume not the Titanic.

This probably suggests implosion so a quick end if it is true.

Putting aside the back story and reasons to go on the trip, looks like their time is sadly up. Perhaps it fell apart on the way down?

US Coast Guard:
A debris field was discovered within the search area by an ROV near the Titanic. Experts within the unified command are evaluating the information.

Sky:
A rescue expert has told Sky News that the debris found in the Titan search area was a “landing frame” and a “rear cover” of the missing vessel.
David Mearns said he was part of a WhatsApp group involving The Explorers Club and that his information came from the president of the club.
These claims have not been confirmed. More details could emerge in a US Coast Guard press conference scheduled for 3pm ET (8pm UK).

I agree. People should be free to take whatever risks they like. The proviso being they do not risk others or expect others to bail them out. After all that’s how we advanced from apes in the first place.
Especially those setting off to cross the med or channel. Good point well made Paul

Last edited:
What a very weird thing to say. You couldn't be more wrong.
What most aided our evolution more than anything was that we are social animals and willing to take risks and to work for the benefit of all. No man is an island.

Last edited:
Especially those setting off to cross the med or channel. Good poking well made Paul
Actually the people trying to cross the med and the channel have much more to offer than these mega rich thrill seekers lost in the Atalntic.
How many more millionaires do we need? Non.
How many more workers in the NHS and wider society do we need? Many thousands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back