Threshold Door Seal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlwaysLearning

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to replace the door between my porch (enclosed but unheated) and the hall. It's not exposed to any rain, but the porch leaks air [A project for next year!] The new door will be an exterior one, 44mm thick.

I want to draught proof the new door but keep the threshold as flat as possible. I was planning to use a Sealmaster Cyclone Seal but now I've come across automatic drop seals like the Norsound 810. Using that would mean I could keep the threshold pretty much flat since it mortices into the underside of the door but they aren't marketed as draught excluders, more as acoustic/smoke seals.

Does anyone have any experience with using drop down seals to stop draughts?

You could always put an Aquamac 21 seal and a couple of brush piles in the bottom of your door if you want no threshold at all, so long as you have a wooden cill on your frame.

Have to admit brush piles did cross my mind. I fitted them to an internal door years ago, but they didn't wear well and there were gaps after a bit.

Back