Tablesaw outfeed area

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stole Steve Maskery's idea for my table saw outfeed table after reading about it in GW. I made up a torsion box frame and used a swing out support so it will fold down when not in use.
extensiontablefoldedui7.jpg

Thanks Olly, glad you like it. It's an old Evenwood. Unfortunatly thats all I know about it. Can't find any info on who Evenwood are, or were?

When I had it moved into my workshop I fitted a new Freud blade and it's almost like a new machine, fantastic. Cuts through 2" Oak without so much as a cough!!!

Cheers,

Richard

Good evening,
DaveL":8l6eajbq said:
Welcome to the forum
My pleasure :) . Although I felt surprised I guessed my links were caught by a spam trap.
Given drawing take time may someone tell me how many posts I need send before this spam trap release me?
I'll probably post without image or link but it's also a way to make up for my lake of english vocabulary. I feel more confident with them :wink:

Best regards

Hi WhyDi and welcome to the forum. :)

Not sure exactly how many but, you should be free to post links after three, maybe four, posts (not long to go now! :wink:).

I've always favoured positioning my table saw so that I'm feeding stock through it towards a wall. This means using up the least shop space possible and you always have easy access to the saw from your other machines and workbench. You never need to walk around the saw other than to pick up freshly sawn stock off the outfeed table.

The distance you position the saw from the wall is determined by the length of boards you need to saw. In my shop I need 10' for long boards behing the blade and 4' to the right hand side for sheet materials

NWCorner-1.jpg

Its a big beast but positioned in this way doesn't actually take up a lot of space.

Cheers
Dan

Good evening,
OPJ":33vx1r2m said:
...after three, maybe four, posts ...
Thank you very much. No doubt it will occur soon I feel better :D .
By the way your username looks a bit strange for a French :) These three letters are well know in our country and mean something like senior police officier (in french : Officer de Police Judicière). They lead investigations. If you cross the Channel never say : I'm OPJ. Most of people could flee :lol: excepted if you are mayor's city who is also OPJ in France.
The good news is I'll probably never forget you and your user name
Best regards

Here's how I use my outfeed table:
sideframesmall.jpg

Same as Ed as it doubles as an assembly table. The saw is quite close to the shop door but there's a cunning slot in it so that long stuff can be passed out through the door - Rob

That's exactly how I want to do it, but with a flip up top on the left (as you look at the pic) for more assembly surface.

WhyDi":pk7wfcru said:
These three letters are well know in our country and mean something like senior police officier (in french : Officer de Police Judicière). They lead investigations. If you cross the Channel never say : I'm OPJ. Most of people could flee :lol: excepted if you are mayor's city who is also OPJ in France.

Yes, I discovered this on Wikipedia a few months ago! :D Apparently, it also stands for "obligatory psychotic jackass" - but, I swear these are just my initials!! :? :wink: :D

Good evening,
OPJ":3oycd2v7 said:
...obligatory psychotic jackass...
I guess Jackass refers to MTV television serie bearing the same name. Theses guys are crazy but my daughter and I took good time watching this video (except the end a bit too hard for me) and also that one. This week start with good mood :) . Thanks to you.
I apologize to the author's thread. Generaly I'd rather speaking|writing about the topic. I promise I'll never repeat...I hope :wink: .
Best regards

Good evening,
Mattty":1qa501q3 said:
lovely looking workshop mate
I like it and hope never leave. It's my third shop built more than ten years ago. I spent so much hours thinking about the right place of each tool I have never made any change. Now I just have good time woodworking except in winter :wink: .
Best regards

Hello John
I got a Sip 10 ins table saw the same as you and liked the idea of the folding out feedtable. Wanted to have a look how you have fixed this , but the Photos have gone
Could you send me them again to have a look at

thank you in advance
Morris

Hello John
thank you for that
I had a look, joined up and still cannot see them, where do I go wrong??

thanks again
Morris

Back