Spindle Moulder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ref. Andy K's message earlier in this thread - apologies for only just posting, I've just had another little baby girl, so a few weeks away with no sleep/work/computers was compulsory - I wouldn't have it any other way though :)
Input and output power are two very different ratings. Industrial machines generally have approx. 30% difference in input / output ratings. This difference is due to friction/heat loss and efficiency of the motor involved. If you get say a cheap and nasty 750w power drill from China, that is the input quoted (what the motor absorbs), although due to a poorly designed motor you may only get 200w out of that motor after friction/gearing and heat losses (this 200w is now the power rating that actually drives the drill bit). Get a 750w drill from Switzerland, and due to an efficient design, you may get 500w output.
Same on industrial woodworking machines, I will say most branded manufacturers now have well designed motors, Jet though only quote output power at S100 (100% of the time) so you know what it is really capable of. Some manufacturers quote output at s40 (40% of the time) so you can get the quoted output for 24mins constant in each hour, but you then need to leave the machine (or perform under power) for 36 minutes.
I have spoken to Jet in Switzerland about getting input and output figures as the UK is still input focused (go to the continent and they spec. output), no figures yet though.

Hope this makes it clearer?? :?

Cheers

Nick
Jet

Hi all, I appreciate your congratulations - thanks :D

OK Alf, maybe I over emphasised the role I played in the birth, you spotted the marketing hype in my statement lol:

Also, for your info, we've finally updated our Jet website to include new pricing and show dates - maybe see you all later in the year at one of the show venues

Cheers

Nick
Jet

Back