Small Orbital Hand Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikegtr

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a small orbital hand sander. I already have the standard 125mm (5") disc size one. I am looking for an orbital sander which has a smaller disc size. Anybody use one for the smaller jobs? Size / make? If so would be pleased to hear.

Many thanks.

If you want a true orbital sander you'll be looking at the "mouse" things. Personally I've always found them underwhelming.

Mention of 5" discs suggests a random orbit sander (i.e. the disc rotates as well as moves in circles). I'm not aware of any smaller but admit I haven't looked. Perhaps the likes of Proxxon or Dremel make one.

Generally I would suggest one of the oscillating multitools with either a delta or finger sanding pad.

Awwww, that Metabo so cute 😍 🤧 💖
They're a pretty decent tool for something with such a small disc. Although it's just glass filled nylon the body feels more robust than a typical DIY tool. Variable speed and a dust port on the tail end too.

Note that these are made for 80mm discs but since I like abranet I sometimes put Mirka 75mm discs on mine with a 75mm interface pad to protect the edges of the 80mm backing pad.

Back