Sliding mitre saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kernow

Reaction score
Hello out there,

This is my first post! Could anyone give me some buying advice? I would like to buy a sliding mitre saw for around the £400 mark. Have been looking at the Bosch GCM 10S 254mm Slide Mitre Saw on the Axminster website. Or thinking about a Makita in the same price range. Its main use would be on furniture work but with the ability to do more. To much choice out there these days. Any help greatly received.

Thanks.

Hmmm,
I saw a post from another newbie called Kernow in Cornwall ;) on another forum!
Welcome mate.
I have the GCM12SD IIRC, it does me fine, but I am NOT a cabinet maker!
Please remember the Bosch has a 3yr warranty, and they are good with any warranty issues.

HTH

Before you buy

You need to know if you want a 12" or a 10"

Taking into account you only buy once. you want to buy the right one

Hi Kernow, welcome to the site.

I would suggest you take a look at the Hitachi offerings as well as the others mentioned, i used one for a few years prior to up-grading & was always very happy with it.

Cheers.

Ideal thanks for the replies. I'll have a look at the Hitachi saws aswell.

Cheers.

One of Hitachi's saws (it's a twelve-incher) is certainly worth considering as it gives you option to butt it up close to a wall where, on too many other saws, the rails sticking out the back waste far too much space.

I used to own a Bosch GCM 12 SD but didn't find it reliable enough. Steve Maskery uses a GCM 1O SD though and seems to swear by it.

Back