Sketchup Tutorials... * Blleeeeeeeeeeep *

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for the compliment Dave... certainly it was your tutorials that helped my learning curve. I'm going to be trying my hand at the panel doors which are going to go on the media cabinet so it will match my other bits of bedroom furniture. Only downside is I've got to get down and finish my router table but I'm still waiting for my Trend Airace dust mask to arrive.

BTW if you looked at the box and wonder where the monitor and keyboard will go dont worry. The monitor is my 43" plasma in the living room and the keyboard is wireless on the sofa. How's that for bragging rights heh. It took a while before I managed to set this server up right and the reason I'm making the box big is to allow air circulation and make it easier to access the parts and wiring.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that blue faced box under the DVD writer is an electronic fan controller that will mean the fans only run when necessary and then at low speed.

Perhaps I should start a project thread now I'm getting to grips with SU and am getting closer to finalising the design...

On the slowdown side I'm going to put my main PC back together tomorrow (it's in bits while I do my modifications in the living room) and see how Sketchup runs there.

EDIT: Whoooooop!... I found that you can use hardware acceleration in preferences and it's made a world of difference.

NeilO":kfzg1929 said:
talking of which can anyone help me with the american system of wood sizings as well...i mean we all understand 4 x 2, but 5/4 stock :?:

Not sure you are going to like this one. 8-[

They work in 1/4" units, so 5/4 is 1 1/4" thick timber. :-k

That makes sense Dave... at least I'll know what the heck Norm's on about in future. :lol:

"Here I have a 518400/4 piece of Oak that I'm going to make my my ship's keel out of... if you can't get a piece that big just glue together some 5/4 pieces."

:lol:

John, I'm envious of your computer system. I want to see photos of the whole thing with that big monitor and all when you get the cabinet together.

By the way, Dave is correct about the 5/4 thing but it is normally only used to designate rough lumber. 5/4 means after YOU (I) am done surfacing it we might have a 1" thick board left. Usually the wood I seem to get would end up 5/8". :roll:

Latest posts

Back