Trimble, and Sketchup...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cozzer

Established Member
Reaction score
Exasperation.
That's one word for it. I can think of (many) others, but I suppose this is a family forum, so....
No matter how I try, I can't get Trimble to accept that I actually know my own email address and am perfectly able to think of a password following their rules.
But no. Apparently even my email address is incorrect, even after only inserting the first three characters....I've been down the road of "forgotten password" and inserting a 6-digit "verification code" three times, and still it enters some inane loop!
All I'm trying to do is download a sketchup plan - basically a ply cutting list - courtesy of a design by the Canadian School of French Marquetry, as mentioned on the following page :
https://www.thecanadianschooloffrenchmarquetry.com/sketchupandbuildinginstructions.html
It doesn't look like I can get it anywhere else, which makes the whole affair even more ******* annoying!

Only the other day I was looking at Sketchup, however didn't want to have stuff online only so I tried to download a trial version and hit a similar problem whereby it asks me to sign in/create account but takes me to a placeholder page that looks like it is failing to load some necessary fields -

Trimble.JPG

...which is the same page ultimately that your link leads to for the sketchup plans!

This is why I try to avoid any hosted app or storage and have everything hosted locally - and I accept the responsibility/risks of doing so!
/Ed

Exasperation.
That's one word for it. I can think of (many) others, but I suppose this is a family forum, so....
No matter how I try, I can't get Trimble to accept that I actually know my own email address and am perfectly able to think of a password following their rules.
But no. Apparently even my email address is incorrect, even after only inserting the first three characters....I've been down the road of "forgotten password" and inserting a 6-digit "verification code" three times, and still it enters some inane loop!
All I'm trying to do is download a sketchup plan - basically a ply cutting list - courtesy of a design by the Canadian School of French Marquetry, as mentioned on the following page :
https://www.thecanadianschooloffrenchmarquetry.com/sketchupandbuildinginstructions.html
It doesn't look like I can get it anywhere else, which makes the whole affair even more ******* annoying!
I have a feeling that that sort of download might only be available to those using the professional (paid-for) version of SketchUp. I'm not sure, just a thought. . . .

Only the other day I was looking at Sketchup, however didn't want to have stuff online only so I tried to download a trial version and hit a similar problem whereby it asks me to sign in/create account but takes me to a placeholder page that looks like it is failing to load some necessary fields -

View attachment 168886
...which is the same page ultimately that your link leads to for the sketchup plans!

This is why I try to avoid any hosted app or storage and have everything hosted locally - and I accept the responsibility/risks of doing so!
/Ed

Yep, that's the page!
This way madness lies!

I have a feeling that that sort of download might only be available to those using the professional (paid-for) version of SketchUp. I'm not sure, just a thought. . . .
Ah.
Hadn't thought of that....

View attachment 168886

/Ed

This is caused by adblocker, I suspect. Had the same in Chrome with AdBlock extension, but worked alright in FireFox without adblockers.

Back