SIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I have never had satisfactory spares service on this companies spare parts for my planer/thicknesser.

They will not supply direct and agents I have dealt with are no better.

Bare that in mind.

I have had the opposite service from SIP.

When I have contacted them they have been helpful and on the occasion I needed a new switch for my morticer I phoned them at 4pm on a Friday - Explained that the switch had failed and the machine was only 6 months old - They dispatched a new switch FOC and it arrived in the post at 8.30am the following morning.

Admittedly I offered to fit the switch etc to save a guarantee replacement machine or full repair service

My experience anyway.

Rog

Like Rog, I've only ever had excellent service from SIP when it's come to buying spare parts. A couple of years ago, I needed a new tensioning knob for my bandsaw. They sent it out, free of charge, and it arrived the very next day. No trouble whatsoever! 8)

If you don't like SIP though, you could also try another company like Charnwood, who probably sell an identical product, depending on what it is you have bought or are looking to buy. Again, I've only had very positive experiences with them, also. :)

I will telephone ~SIP tomorrow and see if they will supply me with a new belt, now over one month of agent/supplier non service.
They would not supply me with a new blade guard direct sometime ago, I eventually got two after around 3 three months mucking around with Halfords there local agent.
Good job I wasnt desperate isnt it.

Let you know the result.

If you have the SIP 10-inch planer thicknesser, it is exactly the same as the Axminster AWEPT106 (other than the colour of the paint). The part numbers are the same and you can download the manual just to be sure.I have used Axminsters several times for spares on my SIP and they, as usual, gave informed excellent service.

Bookman

I'm happy with the SIP 10" saw but had an issue last year over the wheel kit and found the "technical guys (one in particular) pretty dire to deal with. I even ended up corresponding directly with the MD. Post on here at the time. (hammer)

I said I would never buy another SIP product because of their attitude and haven't done so. :x

You can only speak as you find though so probably my experience isn't typical.

Bob

Back